Review of Alpha

Nantou

Visuals 4/5

Very nice style, looks very old school, more medieval than childish manga. I would like different portraits and more effects on magic, etc.

Combat and action 3.5/5

Playing a rogue, setting traps and sneaking around is really fun. I wish there were more roguish quests to do, but I guess they're in development still. With a warrior is still fun but less varied I guess. With cleric, only played up to level 2 and died (iron man) but feels good, would like to know when I dont have enough mana for a skill though.

Setting and roleplaying 4.5/5

I didn't expect such a good writing and a complex world. Exploring is FUN. I remember when I found a book that rises stats, I was like, woah. Dialogues are very good. Not lenghty and not "deep", but perfect for mobile gaming. Enough to give a feel to the kingdoms and the problems in there, often funny, and often leave you wondering "what if I had chosen the other option..."

UI and usability 4/5

Good and comfy controls. Easy to learn. I don't like much that looting windows is fullscreen, but no biggie.

Music & sound 4/5

Awesome music, some good sound effects, sometimes sound is lacking tho

Overall: 4/5, quite a unique game that RPG fans will like. Testing for a couple months has been very fun :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks! Working hard here so it becomes a 5/5 one day.

Your feedback is appreciated, as well as your help during testing.

rodus

Good review.

My main complain is more content is needed, but I understand why all game features had to be programmed first. Too early to review myself until it's finished but I think the game is going to be a great RPG.

rosgellermd

Playtesting my second run (first was in April). I am astounded by the fact this game was made by a single developer. The details and size, complexity, graphics, writing...

So much has changed and improved. A pity the main quest hasn't advanced much since... but this game is about exploring around so not that important.