Can I play the same character on multiple platforms?

LairdWiz

Is it possible, for instance, to start a game on Android and then continue that game on Windows 10? Or is every version of the game separate? I hope that this is the right forum to ask this question.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yes you can, you have to export the save file to file (continue/new game - > export), send the file to desktop (for example email to yourself, or over USB) and then import save file. Cloud save isn't possible between different platforms

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just small correction, cloud save works between mobile platforms (Android and iOS), if you can get it to work on latest iOS (or not update to latest iOS, there's some bug with iOS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15958 or update to latest EK version to solve it).

But, in general, it is "one" game, it uses one type of save files and is completely exchangeable between all platforms, you only need to find how to move save file (EK.bak) between different devices.

After you move file, you need to import it (and export to move it to different device) to make it work.

Otherwise, it works great, but, there's one more caveat: Please make sure, just in case, you have same EK version on all devices you play EK on.

Stuzzy14

Just small correction, cloud save works between mobile platforms (Android and iOS), if you can get it to work on latest iOS (or not update to latest iOS, there's some bug with iOS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15958 or update to latest EK version to solve it).

But, in general, it is "one" game, it uses one type of save files and is completely exchangeable between all platforms, you only need to find how to move save file (EK.bak) between different devices.

After you move file, you need to import it (and export to move it to different device) to make it work.

Otherwise, it works great, but, there's one more caveat: Please make sure, just in case, you have same EK version on all devices you play EK on.
But does thuis mean I have to buy it again is the question I bought it on mobile and I am trying to playing it on pc but I have to buy it it from steam to even load my save so that does mean I have to purchase two separate games
Post automatically merged:    

And please a simple yes or no

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
This exact question comes up from time-to-time and the short answer is: Yes, have to buy the game from Steam AND Apple if you'd like to use the game on Steam devices such as your PC and Apple devices such as an Apple smart phone.

Steam and Apple are different companies with different programming requirements, etc and each wanting their own slice of profit. It's something that's out of the hands of game developers.

A comparison might be having to buy soda at a grocery store to drink at home and having to buy soda at a restaurant to drink at the restaurant. You can't bring your own soda into restaurants (well, some let you, but most don't, or charge you a pouring fee if you do).

You can send a note to Apple about how you feel they're abusing their corporate power to exploit extra fees from you, but Apple is infamous for not giving a single hoot what people think of it's abuse. Profits are king.

Not something game developers have control over, esp tiny, independent game developers.

Stuzzy14

thank you and i appreciate the straight answer and i really enjoy the hell outta your game. now that i know i have to own both verions im just going to buy both 8+4?=12 and some change for a great game on two plateforms im in thank you have a great day