For Sewer of Horror, do I have to take Breno with me?

FQVBSina

He does have good fire resistance but since I am unable to command him, he becomes a great liability in the fire zone as he just charges at the enemy and fights the red dragon in a pit of fire.

Can we add in a little script that at least makes the companion reposition out of a zone of damage? Would prefer if they would also try to lure out the enemy, but just themselves would already be much better.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You should take him to finish a quest.

Besides, it doesn't matter if he is with you and dies (he respawn) or if you let him in SoH. Just ignore him as companion, he follows you anyway and will be home after you find your way out of SoH

Claytopia

I used him to give me flanking.
That said I am finding the second time without him a lot easier.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Claytopia":1f1xfii1 said:

What's the difference? If you ignore him even if he's in your party, there is no difference.

Claytopia

p4ran0id":9u3nb2mo said:
Claytopia":9u3nb2mo said:

What's the difference? If you ignore him even if he's in your party, there is no difference.

?

p4ran0id

Staff member
If he's in your party and dies, it's like without him. After changing the area he'll be back. Don't understand where the problem is if you take him with you

VDX_360

Staff member
There are quest NPC's that suffer perma-death and if they die, the quest fails. HOWEVER, two NPC's that spawn an infinite (?) number of times are Breno in the Sewer of Horrors, and Zilda in the Bank Robbery. Due to the difficulty of those places, it was determined by the all-mighty Developer that perma-death for those NPC's was too much, even for expert players.

It might be nice to get an in-game note about a quest NPC having re-spawn ability.

FQVBSina

p4ran0id":mpcyfq74 said:
If he's in your party and dies, it's like without him. After changing the area he'll be back. Don't understand where the problem is if you take him with you
problem is, as a rogue, I need him to live. I can control my companion to make sure that we fight in a favorable position but I cannot command Breno and he would often fight the enemy in a disadvantageous location, causing my companion to also engage in battle, and then basically it is rogue 1 v 1 against boss.

JarrenDrahn

You can tell your companion to only attack enemies that are really close. They won't aggro with Breno then at a distance.