Question about Ilmara reputation

Emeus

It seems impossible to reach 20 reputation in Ilmara without doing town hall quest, is this true?

Duck123

Loreseeker
If you do the mathrisian codex, the moon child, and defending the outpost, you should be at 16 then you only need to do 1 town hall quest

Emeus

Duck123":3k7dm7fs said:
If you do the mathrisian codex, the moon child, and defending the outpost, you should be at 16 then you only need to do 1 town hall quest
Mathrisian codex? That is a very late quest. So it is true, I'll just mod it to Golden Hand standard then.

Atomos

How about cursed abbey quest instead? You can also get some reputation if you do the collectionist quest first, and pay a 4k fine right after defeating Nightwalker. Don't forget wild coyotes quest ;). There's plenty options to work with, and if you do everything right, it's possibile to get 100 reputation ;)

JarrenDrahn

You shouldn't have to pay fine after defeating the nightwalker. You regain the reputation just for defeating it.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
JarrenDrahn":3nhxstwk said:
You shouldn't have to pay fine after defeating the nightwalker. You regain the reputation just for defeating it.
What about paying a fine during the fight with the Nightwalker? Would that be possible (providing a net gain in reputation) or does the Nightwalker simply despawn when entering the town hall? Never tried it, but would be interesting to know.

Atomos

Here's whole process:
1. You give the last statuette to Sage Amaryl
2. Nightwalker spawns, you lose 10 points of reputation
3. You kill the Nightwalker, and get the loot
4. If the Nightwalker didn't kill the sage, then talk to him to regain the reputation

You can pay the fine between 3 and 4 if your reputation is low enough. Add negative rep you can get by doing slave hunting townhall quests in Mercia, and by doing this quest right, you can get rid of every little bit ;).

Emeus

Atomos":1r8xr7tc said:
How about cursed abbey quest instead? You can also get some reputation if you do the collectionist quest first, and pay a 4k fine right after defeating Nightwalker. Don't forget wild coyotes quest ;). There's plenty options to work with, and if you do everything right, it's possibile to get 100 reputation ;)
It's possible to get 10, that I'm certain XD

Emeus

Atomos":2cg6qhko said:
Here's whole process:
1. You give the last statuette to Sage Amaryl
2. Nightwalker spawns, you lose 10 points of reputation
3. You kill the Nightwalker, and get the loot
4. If the Nightwalker didn't kill the sage, then talk to him to regain the reputation

You can pay the fine between 3 and 4 if your reputation is low enough. Add negative rep you can get by doing slave hunting townhall quests in Mercia, and by doing this quest right, you can get rid of every little bit ;).
Now that's some new exploit! Still, I prefer just mod the game data, I reduced reputation requirement to 5, and as a trusted priest of The Three, I'm finally allowed to enter my faction's headquarter.

Town hall quests are just like radiant quests in Elderscroll, it is something you do when you want to waste some time, and put something except Easter eggs there that force you to do it, is intolerable.

JarrenDrahn

Well that takes some of the point out of it modding the data. But each to their own. Honestly getting your reputation up there to complete any quests and access things is easy. The only one that requires any grinding or town hall quests is to get your rep up enough to buy a house in Ilmara.