Is Assassinate really a fantastic skill?

Myopia

First of all,thank you all for developing such a wonderful game! I have forgotten when I came across it but I suppose I could never forget its storyline and those jokes such as “Welcome to free town,and remember that littering is punished by death”.Amusing.Thought-provoking as well.

My character of choice is Rogue,and I jont the Rogues’ guilt,Seventh House.And I learnt Assassinate.But I never find it a necessary skill to master...
Here’s my point of view:What makes me think it not useful is how it works...it doesn’t increase the stab‘s damage,only grant a chance for it to immediately cool down,the chance depends on whether I successfully take down my opponent in one single shot.But the fact is,if I am able to one-shot-kill my enemy in a one to one fight,it doesn’t matter whether my stab is instantly prepared for the next strike or not.If I get myself into a gang fight,I still got kick and Evasion,I can also place a trap via trap master skill and help me to flee.Launching Flurry and Evasion is my first choice anyways,one more chance to stab doesn’t stand out in such cases.Finally,when I face bosses and tough enemies, I cannot take out my opponent in one stab, and it means I got only 35% chance to get my stab ready right after the last strike. I don’t know whether to blame my bad luck or the function of Assassinate,but it’s really hard for me to receive another prepared stab when I got involved in boss fights... I always have to wait for a normal cool down!

Please tell me what do you think of this,guys.Maybe I should join the Warriors’ Guilt and pick up Heavy Hand in the first time?
And I would be appreciated if anyone can tell me how to post a signature. I am not familiar with the forum.

Andre27

Loreseeker
I mean I haven't actually played a rogue that much yet, but it seems to me like if you can afford it then using poisons with poison mastery instead of heavyhand would be better.

As for the question about assassinate, again I couldn't say really, but seems like it would be worth it.

1337Pwnzor

If it buffed the damage of the next Stab, sure it's good. But unfortunately it doesn't, so it's meh at best. The additional damage of the Stab could be like, 15 + level * 3 (essentially Stab V if you could raise skills to rank V) but it can only trigger once every 6 seconds. So even if you get consecutive Assassinate procs, you'll only get additional damage every 6 seconds, not with every proc of Assassinate.

FQVBSina

1337Pwnzor":22gbdi34 said:
If it buffed the damage of the next Stab, sure it's good. But unfortunately it doesn't, so it's meh at best. The additional damage of the Stab could be like, 15 + level * 3 (essentially Stab V if you could raise skills to rank V) but it can only trigger once every 6 seconds. So even if you get consecutive Assassinate procs, you'll only get additional damage every 6 seconds, not with every proc of Assassinate.
Your comment about additional damage every 6 seconds made no sense to me. When I fight mobs that I can kill in one shot, I can stab each of them dead consecutively with assassinate procing every time. When I fight mobs that I cannot, 35% chance means I get the proc about every third stab, which is still pretty good. Rogue doesn't have the heavy hitting traits as warriors do, so stab is the only way to kill bosses with high armor.

fricek12

Loreseeker
Assassinate works, but it is active skill. That means you must click on it every time to use And then cooldown. For that reason I prefere Heavyhand to Assassinate. I think +5 dmg is better tham assassinate every 6 seconds (9 seconds - 35% instant cooldown).