Bounty: Sergeant Lirxis

Dubnaught

This is the first town hall bounty quest I encountered in Lannegar. Can anyone tell me where exactly he Is? I see there is a a 5 game day limit and I don't want to mess it up.

Or could anyone just let me know if it's possible to find him and then go back and collect the quest?

Can I kill him and then just collect the bounty to avoid the 5 day limit?

And last question, what level would you recommend I be at to fight him? Currently, I'm only level 3 (rogue).

Thank you!

VDX_360

Staff member
1) A Level 3 Rouge, at any level of difficulty, might be a bit too low for Town Hall quests but hey, you might get lucky and find him right next to the town.

2) Town Hall Quests are randomly generated so there's no pre-determined spot to find him. Generally, town hall quest involved the adjacent maps, so in you case, chances are he's hiding on either the starting map, or nearby (one map either way). Note this isn't a prefect rule.

3) In-game, you find out hints about Town Hall Quests by buying drinks in the inn via the gossip skill. You buy a round of drinks and you get a chance to hear any rumors, which could be about hints for the game, rumor boss locations or town hall quest details.

4) Town Hall Quests give rumors with increasing details about location, starting with general region (e.g. Northern Varsilia), map (e.g. Lannegar Valley), location in map (e.g. to the west by the mountains, -or- inside Tdaya Tomb), and if it's in a dungeon, the location inside the dungeon (e.g. a secret room to the northeast).

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
5) You cannot encounter TH quest targets before you accept the quest, because only then the respective targets are generated. So there's no way to avoid the time limit. (It's different for Rumor Bosses, but that's nothing you should worry about until level 11)

Dubnaught

Thank you I appreciate it, both of you!

So I'm guessing I shouldn't stress about town hall quests going away then huh? There's so many other fun story quests I'm encountering, but I didn't want to miss out on something I was supposed to be doing.

But just so I know, around what level Is ideal to begin TH quests?

Thanks again!

Andre27

Loreseeker
When you find that you need more reputation to do something but either the normal quests just aren't enough or you can't yet complete the ones that you have but still want to access the feature blocked by too low reputation.

Other than that they're just enjoyable to do when you aren't grinding a specific spot and are looking for rumor bosses or just running around and collecting resources or just doing whatever.

The only thing that you ever HAVE to do THQ's for is if you want to buy a house in Nivarian.

VDX_360

Staff member
I'd -suggest- waiting to try Town Hall quest until you can clear the first two dungeons in a single run. That would be clearing Lannegar Mine and Ydaya Tomb back-to-back without stopping at an Inn. It's a very loose thumb rule based on the following points:

a) First major goal should be to get a companion. Grissenda is pretty easy to get. See wiki for details. Might want to try around level 3 or 4 to get her (note: you just need the ring from the body, dash in, dash out works).

b) First few levels of the game should be spent learning the game and staying alive, not trying to explore. It's a big world and a long game. Don't rush it.

c) Every class, build and level of difficulty handles the game slightly differently so it's not easy to give an exact level recommendation for anything in the game. So being able to run the first two dungeons back-to-back is a bit of stress test that shows some decent early game endurance that you'll need to hunt for, and defeat a town hall quest bounty.

VDX_360

Staff member
For the most part, Town Hall Quests in the early game are just extra gold and extra xp for clearing a dungeon or map. Bounty quest require you to defeat some enemy (the bigger the reward the tougher the enemy), and lost-and-found type require retrieving an item (item will have Guardian enemy types near it).

Keep in mind there's no rush for Town Hall Quests. There are few quests that require a certain reputation but those aren't until the mid-game. If you put off Town Hall quest in the early game, you'll be able to knock them out in the mid-game. Keep in mind that the difficulty of the town hall quests is largely impacted by the town which gave the quest so keep that in mind.

Andre27

Loreseeker
About the difficulty itself, I've personally never had any problems with completing THQ's. Mostly I'd just recommend not taking Mercian THQ's for deserters, atleast not Decurions and definetly not Centurions. Legionnaires shouldn't be too difficult.

But I agree with VDX, being able to complete a dungeon in one run sounds like a good milestone to aim for before taking THQ's. I wouldn't say being able to complete both is quite necessary, but at the same time they just aren't necessary really that early. I'd say being able to complete Kleyou Tomb and having Grissenda would also be a pretty good milestone, at that point most THQ's shouldn't be a challenge at all. (Except for the Mercian ones I mentioned)

Dubnaught

You've all been so helpful! I can't thank you enough. You answered all my questions and provided more great info as well.

I'm having a ton of fun getting more of the hang of this game and just trying to get stronger. Glad there's a community with people like you all who give such great advice!