EK Ubuntu and Displays

Obituarie

Loreseeker
Greetings fellow adventures! So I will try to keep my question short and simple, I've been playing and may I say GREATLY enjoying EK on a samsung mobile device and decided to purchase the pc version from Steam. I had also recently given new life to a old pc I had laying around by installing Ubuntu v16 on it to play around with and after learning about Ubuntu's recent support for Steam I thought what better way to test it out than install it on the linux machine.
The problem im having is with the screen display Im using a laughably small Dell 15' display and cant seem to find anyway either in the games settings nor the pc's display settings to get the screen to scale and fit properly not even close to be honest and was just wondering if any other folks out there are playing EK on a linux based machine and might have more insight than myself. Thanks in advance. :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, what are the supported resolutions of that screen?

Have you tried thr Beta? It offers more resolution options.

Obituarie

Loreseeker
When going into the display settings Ubuntu provides it only gives me the options of 1024x678 and 800x600 both in 4:3. No sir haven't tried beta yet, not entirely sure how to access beta. Can you still import/export your existing character profiles via beta?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Then I am afraid your laptop doesn't meet the game specs listed on the Steam page: it requires a minimum resolution of 1280x720. I am afraid the only thing I can do is suggest you get a Steam Refund, unless you can play it on another machine.

Obituarie

Loreseeker
Refund? phhhsss I won't allow you to refund my money! lol I guess I was too excited to take the time to read all the steam system requirements. This isn't my dedicated gaming machine nor is it a laptop just some junker I was giving new life to so i could tinker with linux. I've got some larger monitors laying around this was just the first one I grabbed so I will keep trying with other.

Obituarie

Loreseeker
I think it is the native resolution like I mentioned the monitor is a tiny 15" so I wouldn't expect it to have much larger resolutions. Ive already installed and have been using the dedicated drivers because using the ones that Ubuntu installed kept causing the machine to freeze and crash randomly.

Either way im going to dig out a larger monitor and hopefully that will solve my problem. Thank you all for you replies and suggestions!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The supported resolutions are:

1280x720
1280x800
1360x768
1366x768
1440x900
1600x900
1680x1050