Undermother

Cxxix23

It's been quite some time since I last played... upon reading the forums I found most people who fought her had her healing 3 to 4 times... I'm a ranged rogue so I spent forever kiting her keeping her in screen just to have her cast her healing spell not only more than 4 times but a total of 7 times always barely below 50% this is ridiculous. Did she get an upgrade? Anyone know how much mana she has or is it infinite?

Duck123

Loreseeker
As far as I know she has infinite mana, I’ve never had any enemy run out of mana before. And are you fighting unweakened undermother that might be why it’s so hard

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Enemies have finite mana, actually. I am myself unsure about her mana pool (not at home now), the wiki is probably updated about that.

Cxxix23

Thanks for the quick response. I looked to the Wiki but there isnt a mana value for any mobs. Of course i can imagine figuring out how much mana mobs have doesnt seem possible since you could only go by spells cast.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":3jhq6tql said:
Enemies have finite mana, actually. I am myself unsure about her mana pool (not at home now), the wiki is probably updated about that.
Unfortunately, there's ZERO knowledge about enemy MP in the Wiki so far. If you can share some insight knowledge on how enemy MP is calculated, we would be more than happy to add it. :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":32zx853e said:
DavidBVal":32zx853e said:
Unfortunately, there's ZERO knowledge about enemy MP in the Wiki so far. If you can share some insight knowledge on how enemy MP is calculated, we would be more than happy to add it. :D

I will add it to the bestiary logging tool.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Cxxix23":g09lviwz said:
I'm a ranged rogue so I spent forever kiting her keeping her in screen just to have her cast her healing spell not only more than 4 times but a total of 7 times always barely below 50%
I don't think that what you describe can be attributed to her healing spell. Heal Wounds 3 only gives 125 HP, which is almost nothing compared to her initial 1200 HP.

Unless skills work totally different for monsters, I would suspect that what you experienced was the rapid healing that kicks in when an enemy gets out of range or gets stuck somewhere. This is indeed infinite and can heal a monster completely within mere seconds. (This was implemented to prevent certain exploits.)

Artemis Leafarrow

MikeB":juwvjof6 said:
Cxxix23":juwvjof6 said:
I'm a ranged rogue so I spent forever kiting her keeping her in screen just to have her cast her healing spell not only more than 4 times but a total of 7 times always barely below 50%
I don't think that what you describe can be attributed to her healing spell. Heal Wounds 3 only gives 125 HP, which is almost nothing compared to her initial 1200 HP.

Unless skills work totally different for monsters, I would suspect that what you experienced was the rapid healing that kicks in when an enemy gets out of range or gets stuck somewhere. This is indeed infinite and can heal a monster completely within mere seconds. (This was implemented to prevent certain exploits.)

Yes im quite sure thats what it was. It happen to me with a dragon rumour boss. I had him in a cave stuck on a corner I was thinking "yes this is gonna be easy now" im a ranged rogue also so I was just sitting there blasting him with arrows, multiple times rapid fire with max precision shots and max mass criticals. Hes keeps regen hps so fast I cant make even a dent!

Then I realize bc he was stuck on that corner he was regen his health at a very rapid rate. I see the reasoning behind this as you could just get harder enemies to be "stuck" on some part of the terrain and a ranged character would be able to easily defeat any boss even those much higher level.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Artemis Leafarrow":3j6u9zdf said:
MikeB":3j6u9zdf said:
Cxxix23":3j6u9zdf said:

Yes im quite sure thats what it was. It happen to me with a dragon rumour boss. I had him in a cave stuck on a corner I was thinking "yes this is gonna be easy now" im a ranged rogue also so I was just sitting there blasting him with arrows, multiple times rapid fire with max precision shots and max mass criticals. Hes keeps regen hps so fast I cant make even a dent!

Then I realize bc he was stuck on that corner he was regen his health at a very rapid rate. I see the reasoning behind this as you could just get harder enemies to be "stuck" on some part of the terrain and a ranged character would be able to easily defeat any boss even those much higher level.

Yep, that's why it was added.

Cxxix23

MikeB":2thnu2s7 said:
Cxxix23":2thnu2s7 said:

ONLY that i know about the rapid healing when they are out of range and i am not refering to that, there were other fights where that happened ... However In this fight, it literally went on forever, and throughout the fight i watched as the Heal Wounds that gives 125 HP was cast 7 times. after which i just stopped fighting as it went against what i read... I was too careful to not let her out of my screen. as being too careful got me hit quite a few times.

I would only imagine it has to do with Fighting her on Hard mode?