First impression

urlla

I`m enjoying the game so far, the graphics are pretty good, the dialogue is good and the game play is fairly fun.

However the skill buttons are sometimes a bit too small to easily use quickly in combat, also the character does not always turn to face the enemy despite being very close and therefore doesn't attack. Also the starting enemies are a bit difficult making the game frustrating for players trying to the into the game, the characters don`t seem to have enough health or defense especially the rogue, making it necessary to hire a companion in order to get through the first bit. It would be nice to have another save option other than inns, since when you run out of gold it poses an issue. Finally it would be good to spawn in the new areas slightly farther from the portal, since a quick slip and you move back into the other area and it can be annoying.

Overall a really good and impressive game that could use some fixing here and there, and some slight improvements in graphics ( the walking is a little odd) also the walls in the tomb in the first area flicker and load oddly. :D

Positron68

urlla":2mgwlaqe said:
However the skill buttons are sometimes a bit too small to easily use quickly in combat
it would be good to spawn in the new areas slightly farther from the portal, since a quick slip and you move back into the other area and it can be annoying.

I agree with this!!!

Also the starting enemies are a bit difficult making the game frustrating for players trying to the into the game, the characters don`t seem to have enough health or defense especially the rogue, making it necessary to hire a companion in order to get through the first bit.

Not on this... Are you raising your endurance and dexterity? rogues do more damage with dexterity, so raising it to 2 quickly is a win-win, you do a LOT of damage and gain 2 AC.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
urlla":1bnocg1f said:
I`m enjoying the game so far, the graphics are pretty good, the dialogue is good and the game play is fairly fun.

However the skill buttons are sometimes a bit too small to easily use quickly in combat, also the character does not always turn to face the enemy despite being very close and therefore doesn't attack. Also the starting enemies are a bit difficult making the game frustrating for players trying to the into the game, the characters don`t seem to have enough health or defense especially the rogue, making it necessary to hire a companion in order to get through the first bit. It would be nice to have another save option other than inns, since when you run out of gold it poses an issue. Finally it would be good to spawn in the new areas slightly farther from the portal, since a quick slip and you move back into the other area and it can be annoying.

Overall a really good and impressive game that could use some fixing here and there, and some slight improvements in graphics ( the walking is a little odd) also the walls in the tomb in the first area flicker and load oddly. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

About buttons size: I'll look into it soon. Yes, I had other reports about this problem before.

Spawning in new area border: okay will adjust in next version.

sometimes not hitting: Does it happen in some angle in particular? (i.e, when enemies are to left/right, or up/down, diagonals...)?

Difficulty: may I ask what traits and skills did you raise? For a rogue, Dexterity is essential for both attack and defense.

Flicker: probably you mean the "Fog of War" constantly being enabled/disabled on different tiles as you move. I will look into that, although the solution isn't easy.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Some of the issues mentioned have been fixed. Namely,

-player zones in a bit deeper now to avoid accidentaly zoning back
-skill buttons are bigger

Full changelog here

I've decided to add a few saving points in the wilderness, too. will come soon.