PC version is on Steam!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: PC version coming out this month!

p4ran0id":2g6lhw11 said:
DavidBVal":2g6lhw11 said:
I can guarantee at least one more content update. But if the PC version is very succesful, definitely I'll be focusing in adding more content to EK for everyone to enjoy, as a priority. If it is a modest release, then I have to focus on the next game and EK updates will come more slowly.

OK, how much do you need to complete the game? :?

I want more content :D, so tell us a number so we can promote this ;)

Why not! I know this is risky to disclose as if I end up selling way less, I'll end up looking like a fool. But on the other hand, I care zero about marketing and sharing my estimates is a good therapy for me :D

After 3 months:

<2500 copies: Let's pretend this Steam thing never happened.
2500 - 6000: I guess it's not bad but...
6000 - 15000: Nice! I'm happy!
>15000: Woah! Really?

AhDeh

Will the numbers and RNG be exactly the same between the PC and "mobile" version?

When do you expect the Beta tests will start?

Today I was thinking about starting to level up all classes to 25 both to see which one is the easiest to level, but also to try to find the ultimate farming spot for gold and XP for each class and build.

I am going to stream everything then make videos about it. But if the beta is like a few days away I'd rather wait for the PC version. Or if the numbers/RNGs are totally different then I'll just go and level each class on both versions.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Saradina":rcscax3v said:
Will the numbers and RNG be exactly the same between the PC and "mobile" version?

It is the same game, mechanics-wise, in *everything*. The possible gameplay changes sum up as:

-controls may pose an advantage, as they are probably better than mobile controls.
-larger view distance may pose an advantage in outdoor maps.

Saradina":rcscax3v said:
When do you expect the Beta tests will start?

Still ironing out a few things that were essential, like the new settings for fullscreen and keyboard, the new input improvement for skill buttons, setting up some fonts that were not OK, the ability to import EK.bak files... as soon as possible, I hope in less than a week.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Re: PC version coming out this month!

DavidBVal":1cpyqyw3 said:
But on the other hand, I care zero about marketing and sharing my estimates is a good therapy for me :D

About marketing, and I think about it a lot, there's a lot what we, the people who love and play EK, can do.

We can tell the world about EK. We can talk, link and at least mention once EK. On our facebook, instagram, YT and all other social media we use, have and visit.

If only 1% of players who bought licence (I assume that people who didn't both didn't found EK that great to buy it) start sharing it to the world, it would be helpful and significant.

I really believe that there's much more people who would like to play EK, but just don't know about it.

AhDeh

That is why I made a thread about it on ResetERA and share all the facebook news onto my timeline. This game deserves even more success.
First because it is a great game, secondly thanks to the no bullshit microtransaction. I just love games that if you buy it once you have access to the whole game.

If an ”AAA” would have released this game it would have lootboxes for gears, rep boosts and XP boosts. Sure I could swallow that because it is an awesome game but by being so generous David has elevated this game from being the best mobile RPG to an instant classic no matter the platform.

(Sorry if I am ranting/bad english but at the ER, just got painkillers. Kidney stones do hurt alot!)

TLDR I have said this many times but thanks for creating this game, I hope the PC version will be successful and even more people finding this gem of a game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Congratulations for the new born!

Steam version is out and it's a sweet 'little' RPG :D