The New Server

Xen

Loreseeker
The new server is faster :) it is nice that David decided to migrate to different web hosting and there are actual benefits to it. These changes are nice especially for the wiki editors.

Atomos

I hate to burst your bubble, but I got this just now when posting reply in another topic:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php
LINE: 104
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php
LINE: 1239
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php
LINE: 312
CALL: phpbb_cache_container->getDbal_Conn_DriverService()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php
LINE: 427
CALL: Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 52
CALL: Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->get_driver()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/config/db.php
LINE: 57
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

LINE: 592
CALL: phpbb\config\db->__construct()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php
CALL: phpbb_cache_container->getConfigService()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php

LINE: 496

CALL: phpbb_cache_container->getCacheService()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/compatibility_globals.php
LINE: 22

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 103
CALL: require('[ROOT]/includes/compatibility_globals.php')

FILE: [ROOT]/viewtopic.php
LINE: 20
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
An error already, ouch. Thanks for reporting, I think the number of connections can be increased.

EDIT: no error shows in the database logs... could this be a browser cache error on your side?

Atomos

DavidBVal":1cw4gkj4 said:
An error already, ouch. Thanks for reporting, I think the number of connections can be increased.

EDIT: no error shows in the database logs... could this be a browser cache error on your side?
I got this error when posting this:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... 106#p45070
The error page was what I got online, it wasn't in the offline memory. The post went through though, the browser didn't need to send it again when I refreshed the page. I'm using Google Chrome which is updated. My device is Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50. I don't know what the content of the error message says, so don't ask me if it's my browsers fault xD

BTW aren't some newest posts from before the server migration gone?

Xen

Loreseeker
Atomos":294y26z6 said:

Maybe because it's backed up for migration before some of the newest post was created like what happened to some of the wiki's pages after the migration.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Atomos":shcyet3k said:

We just did some optimizations around that will likely put an end to those recurring errors in the future.

And yes, just as I explained in Announcements I made a mistake with the migration and a few posts were lost. My apologies.

Atomos

DavidBVal":2x79rtx6 said:
And yes, just as I explained in Announcements I made a mistake with the migration and a few posts were lost. My apologies.
Now that I think of it: actually, screw the posts man. Are you sure no active user registered between Sun 21.01.2018, 2:52 am and Fri 19.01.2018, 2:34 pm?

BTW: go to sleep already xP

VDX_360

Staff member
The wiki seems to be loading much faster than before.... so fingers cross it stays in top shape.

Also, the wiki page would be so much more coherent if the Loreseekers that update it would stop drinking so much friguld rum. Sure, stopping completely is out of the question, but maybe drunk a little less than a New Garand fisherman? :)
(PS: The wiki army does a pretty good job so kudos to them).

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I still have problems with staying logged on new server in.

I thought it was because Blue Host server was bad, but now I see it continues here also. Even if I select to keep me logged in, I need to log in. :(

Not having idea if it is maybe linked with server, or something else (maybe cloudflare issue?).

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Alan_SP":wxclgilq said:
I still have problems with staying logged on new server in.
No issues on my side (neither before nor after the migration). I almost always stay logged in, both on my PC and mobile, exept for a few occassions where the server was down for a longer period of time. So it doesn't seem to be a general problem.