(Mage Class) FIREBALL OR ICE STORM SKILL?

Shawn Snow 84

Hey fellow players and support team:) got a question for skill building. I've yet to put any points In either ice storm or fireball skills. I'm lvl 15 and I am wanting to start to build on either. Question is, which one works best? I'm using a staff for slowing movement of that makes a difference. Any tips or advice would greatly be appreciated! Thanks:)

Joe Simon

Yes I'd be curious as well, I would want what would be better for the end parts of the game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I prefer fireball. Ice storm isn't really precise, sometimes it just goes to the opposite direction. With fireball it's much easier. Let your companion fight and then blow a firebolw from safe distance, works every time for me

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":17ocv3gh said:
I prefer fireball. Ice storm isn't really precise, sometimes it just goes to the opposite direction. With fireball it's much easier. Let your companion fight and then blow a firebolw from safe distance, works every time for me

That was true on the original mage release. Now I personally love it, although obviously in the late game lightning is king.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Lightning is definitely a must have!

In my opinion it works perfectly with fireball, zap, stun and then burn it down! Love it :lol:

Nezemis

VDX_360":3gdc0py5 said:
Nezemis":3gdc0py5 said:
Ice storm is beyond useless right now.
What version of the game are you using?

Current (1.0.1066) version. Check few times but this skill still useless. Just a bit better. Not beyond but still.

Cuckoorex

Yeah, Ice Storm still just goes off in the wrong direction for me far too often. I wish it would just radiate out in a cone away from wherever I'm facing instead.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
That is odd... on my last character I just reached the ark, and Ice Storm IV was my first maxed skill, working fine. One of the things I wanted is to test it, precisely.