Need some help with the Underking

CalicoValk

FIRST OFF, I'm level 17. I need help to kill the underking and am currently using the Paladin's sword.

deadcorpze

Which class are u using? I recommend bringing ur best pots and all the circle of restoration u have to devive ur dead companion and some summon scrolls to distract it while u use pots

VDX_360

Staff member
Saradina":nidt1crq said:
TDon't use Adaon he's awful
Truly words were never spoken. Adaon robbed you in your sleep on night 1, and he's only gotten more useless from there.

(okay, there are players that swear by Adaon as a nifty companion, but I have trust issues from that theft-while-sleeping thing).

Atomos

I take it, that you're playing as a Cleric. There are few ways you can do this:
- if you have intervention skill, then use mana potions. 35 mana is 280 health, so that should be enough to eventually outtank him,
- position yourself in a way, that will allow you, or your companion to have flanking damage bonus,
- if you have 3rd level of Arbenos might, then consider using maul of terror,
- as mentioned above, scrolls of circle of restoration are pretty useful if your companion falls in battle, and you need him/her to help you right now, you can buy those in loreseekers hall in new garand,
- Underking has strong duel skill, you might consider using some tricks to switch his aggro towards someone else when he's getting dangerous, or stunning him(choose between Adaons sneak attack skill, or Grisenda two handed expert, Bash, or whirlwind skills),
- Don't get stingy with elixirs of Galade, you can always find more,

Have I missed anything? :D

CalicoValk

Very well stated! Yes I am a cleric, and I do have Divine Intervention Maxed, as well as Arbeno's Might. I didn't think about using Divine Intervention to tank it out, Occasionally using Mana Pots.

ybnorml1

interesting....but i am an archer rogue with the cleric as a companion. but have not consentrated on the flanking.. he also seems to regenerate

SoulHunter

Which cleric is better...1H, 2H or with light weapons? And what better companion for cleric?

Morpheus

Git gud.... Hahahaah, in all seriousness, fighting him at lvl 20 or something is highly suggested. Use your EoG's, hit him with the element he is most vulnerable to, or maybe a beast slayer attribute on the side to juice out that bit of damage. Thank you for reading this.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Which cleric is better...1H, 2H or with light weapons? And what better companion for cleric?

The thing that makes 2H such a beast is Two Handed Expert and Clerics cannot get that, even as and Advanced Skill from the Warrior's Guild. On the other ahnd Pneumatic Mallet... but that's late late late on. (That's similar to how Warriors CAN use bows but Rogues are always the better choice because they get supportive skills, or how Rogues CAN use longswords but they're always better off with light weapons & Flurry.)

Your best "Standard Hand" weapon is the mighty Paladin's Longsword. Until then Iron Golem Fist is too rare a drop to rely on but keep it if you get it, Midnight is not easy to get and so much resists Death damage (or gets healed by it) it's hardly worth the focus. Ghostbane and Glacier Stone are the next tier-down of reliable bashers. The fire mace (Crushing Ember) is downright janky so have "fun" trolling Trolls.

A great start is Agility Cleric and a Light Weapon Flaming Warhammer, Despair and Spirit Breaker are all up there; Duel and Heavyhand add on a per-hit basis so the-faster-the-better as that gets the most benefit from them.

As AGI helps for defence AND you can have a shield I'd say start of with a focus on AGI and light weapons then put a few catch-up points in STR later in the game when the Paladin's Longsword (or Iron Golem Fist if you luck-out on one) comes into play. The AGI you spent will still help both damage and defense so they're not wasted points or points requiring respec.

As for companions IMO Hirge > Gris > Adaon.