Mage Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortifer

anvil":5zrsimro said:
I love the mage class!

A question about the two handed staff. Does streength affect this with it's strength bonus?
Or does only agility affect this with it's with it's range modifiers?
Thanks in advance

Mortifer

anvil":3r19gvom said:
I love the mage class!

A question about the two handed staff. Does streength affect this with it's strength bonus?
Thanks in advance

I know that agility affects the damage output no sure about strengh but I think it doenst

Loggy

What is fastest way to get to icemist? l like tank and mage so far

Xen

Loreseeker
Loggy":3naewv1a said:
What is fastest way to get to icemist? l like tank and mage so far

fastest way is to grind in Irazur Tomb and Trollfens until at least level 9 so you can kill Vorators together with your companion, then finish all Wizards' Enclave quest to gain access to Icemist

Xen

Loreseeker
Mortifer":1q284sf7 said:
anvil":1q284sf7 said:
I love the mage class!

Thanks in advance

I know that agility affects the damage output no sure about strengh but I think it doenst

Staffs are two-handed ranged weapon just like bows and doesn't consider as two-handed melee so the bonus gain only comes from ranged oriented traits such as Agility and Awareness

webnetita

Is there a chance for the mage to reset all the skills to rebuild it from the beginning? with the warrior you could do in the relative guild...

VDX_360

Staff member
All the reset places should work regardless of the player's class. Thus the NPC's in all the towns/guilds should offer to re-set skills/traits...

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
webnetita":swmtq8c7 said:
Is there a chance for the mage to reset all the skills to rebuild it from the beginning? with the warrior you could do in the relative guild...

Earlier in New Garand's Warrior Guild. After you complete quest about assalting Orc Fortress in Kingsbridge.

hammerfyll

Although it's still early in release, I think the mage is striking the right balance. So far it seems to be the most powerful class offensively, thanks to disintegrate and lightning, combined with kiting, and the elemental damage from staves/wands. It also has some pretty handy defensive options, the mage armor being great (especially for traps, haha!), and the earth elemental being an effective meat shield. However, it doesn't feel overpowered because of two main reasons; first, it's the squishiest class in the game, and if you micromanage poorly and let the enemies close in on you, you're completely boned. Even at high levels with better armor, you're incredibly vulnerable. Second, it relies on advanced skills more than any other class (in my opinion). This means that, although it ends up being probably the strongest class (again, my opinion), it starts off pretty weak, and it doesn't really kick into gear until you reach icemist.

So yeah, keep up the good work David, I'm loving the mage so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.