Lady of the Night: Thoughts on long term outcomes?

VDX_360

Staff member
Like the Undermother vs. Flame Prophet, the quest Lady of the Night offers a choice that might have long term consequences the player can't predict or know about.

Avoiding, spoilers, the quest rewards for either option are a pretty decent long sword (Phantom Longsword, 4th strongest in game) or a stun-immunity item that all classes can wear, which makes it the ONLY stun immunity item in the game for Warriors (and maybe mages, but the latter are still too new to sort everything out). For background, Rouges get the Blooddied Scarf and Clerics get a ring AND a armor that blocks stun (lucky clerics).

One quest outcome seems to set up a future meeting. It's unclear if the other quest option will prevent that meeting (think Rolf Ehrar from Don't Shoot the Messenger).

And there's a INT 4 check that seems to have no impact on the options (no XP, extra reward or better clue to long term outcome).

If Lady of the Night is anything like Flame Prophet vs. Undermother choice, we may need to wait a few updates (years?) to have a final answer.

As for me, well, for my Warriors, Stun Immunity is just too much to pass up.

Slitherakai

I really hope that it does end up being a more longterm and big deal quest that comes back later. I have a feeling it is somehow linked to lore about the three, specifically st. admus's prophecy mentioned by one of the priests. I hope that this could be some sort of secondary storyline, where the player gets to delve deeper into the lore of the the Three.

Joe Simon

According to wiki regarding this quest there are ruins north of icemist fjord but I haven't found anything north, should it be west?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The ruins you are searching for are in the northern part of Icemist Fjord, on the very same map. It's just a small landmark you should investigate closely to advance the quest. After that, the OTHER ruins to the West (on a different map this time) will be your next target.

VDX_360

Staff member
The ruins are a small spot on the map, and what you're looking for is partial obstructed so get really close to every brick.

Also, The Lady of Night refers to you as her "Champion," which is not the first time that term, with a capital C, is used in the game. The NPC at the street alter in Kingsbridge tells you "It is said, that Arbenos meditates and heals, somewhere in the highest peaks of the Thry Mountains, until humanity once more needs a Champion." Put that in with the in-game text about The Three getting broken, it seems the game is foreshadowing a fight between The Three and the pre-three witches.

Slitherakai

i hope i didn't cut myself off from updates to this quest by not giving her the heart, I'm gonna have to go back to Nivarian and read all those scrolls about the witches to see if there's any other hints.

Joe Simon

I gave it to her (the heart) as a warrior I just couldn't pass up the reward, and as a warrior I will deal with the consequences if any.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, one can retrieve the quest item (an amulet) prior to triggering the quest, making it an easy item to grab early game, if you can run past all the things trying to kill you :)

It has a small, but nifty bonus of +1 Awareness. It might end up just cluttering your storage but it can be useful for passing early awareness trait checks. But if you do grab it early, don't loose it.

deadcorpze

VDX_360":1l6y3kkt said:
For clarity, one can retrieve the quest item (an amulet) prior to triggering the quest, making it an easy item to grab early game, if you can run past all the things trying to kill you :)
yes its exactly what I did too. And while I'm at it, I also grabbed the tiara of the mentalist on the western region. 2 items in 1 go, all I ever did was run. Easy as pie :mrgreen: