Rogue weapons

Joe Simon

The Icicle is cool but the Devourers sting is even cooler, that paralysis always seems to happen at the right time.

Joe Simon

The Stiletto does do higher dps but that 5 sec paralyze f from The Devourer seems to still be a better advantage, still testing it though.

Kuratha

Staff member
Lol, Stiletto + Cursed Fang + Scorpion Venom potion = yummy goodness time.
You should try it~!

Through in a Giants Strength pot, some awesome skills, you'll be doing 100+ dps and then 20+ in elemental damge...then crits...-joyful sobbing-

Driggs

theseriousone23":d1135cic said:
Lol, Stiletto + Cursed Fang + Scorpion Venom potion = yummy goodness time.
You should try it~!

Through in a Giants Strength pot, some awesome skills, you'll be doing 100+ dps and then 20+ in elemental damge...then crits...-joyful sobbing-

Although I agree that setup is amazing for DPS, I've found more success with Devourer Sting + Dirk of Betrayal
A few points to be made:
1) neither have elemental damage, just high(ish) raw damage, so resistances (barring really high armor) have no effect on the DPS.
2) you have a 6% chance for stun and a 6% chance for paralysis. Combine this with "Flurry" and most bosses (including the Unweakened Undermother in my case) will have no time to move, heal, etc.
3) Dirk of betrayal has +1 armor and +5DMG which I just find slightly OP for an offhand, so why not use it?

Kuratha

Staff member
Although I agree that setup is amazing for DPS, I've found more success with Devourer Sting + Dirk of Betrayal
Def my favorite way to go for Aadon. Im ranged rouge gal. Dirk of Betrayal takes a wee bit longer to get than most of the other weapons. Too bad there isn't an off-hand weapon from the Ark...o_O

Driggs

Def my favorite way to go for Aadon. Im ranged rouge gal. Dirk of Betrayal takes a wee bit longer to get than most of the other weapons. Too bad there isn't an off-hand weapon from the Ark...o_O

Aren't you an Iron Man as well?
That's an interesting combo, rogue paired with rogue.

Have you posted your full setup and build in a link somewhere? I'm interested in checking it out. I either want to be a ranged rogue, or that summoner/buffing cleric build.

*Edit* On topic: OP you should really farm for a Devourer Sting, or you can get the Troll Cleaver (very useful vs. Undermother) or the stiletto just from a well planned run through some dungeons and maybe some invisibility potions :)