Hello, so far I chose these adv skills:
- Duel
- Infantry Training
- Body Development
- Heavyhand
- Massive Criticals
- Precision Strikes

For the last 2, however, I was thinking about these:
- Flurry (6agi for only 6 secs, but people say it's very useful)
- Spiritual Ward (paralysis is OP, spirit res isn't too common)
- Death Ward (death res is common and cheap, though)

- Magical Training??
An user said that it enables healing :O
How effective is it and how much mana the warrior can have?

Advices?

Styxx

Forget about magical training for healing. You can accomplish the same with potions. Skill points are too valuable to waste it on it.

Flurry is one of the best skills for warrior imo. Saying ist's useful is an understatement! Killing fast means less damage taken, less health potions needed or the difference between dying and living.

For the last skill, I recommend battle rage 1. Extremely useful breaking up stun and paralysis. Again, the difference between living and dying. You get stunned, activate skill and keep fighting instead of helplessly watching your warrior taking damage.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Styxx":4vbi8bvo said:
Forget about magical training for healing. You can accomplish the same with potions. Skill points are too valuable to waste it on it.
Flurry is one of the best skills for warrior imo. Saying ist's useful is an understatement!
Ok, thanks!

Styxx":4vbi8bvo said:
For the last skill, I recommend battle rage 1. Extremely useful breaking up stun and paralysis.
Mm.. quite nice indeed.
But with Infantry Training 2 I'll be immune to stun and stay paralyzed only for 1\2 of the duration by default.
Still worth it?

Styxx

phaolo":2wyka5b5 said:
.. quite nice indeed.
But with Infantry Training 2 I'll be immune to stun and stay paralyzed only for 1\2 of the duration by default.
Still worth it?

Saved my skin a few times. But it really depends on your build and gear. It took me a while to find nanocarbon sword and I was running with nanocarbon scalpel, so infantry training was kinda useless as far as stun/paralysis protection. Also, that 1/2 of the duration could still be pretty deadly if you are low on HP.

deadcorpze

Magical training is mainly for using the circle of restoration in case ur companion died due to some reason. There are 3 skill points u can get from the game afaik, one from ark, one from Tol and 1 from the altar in the halls of wisdom. U can choose to spend it on this skill but it's still optional imo. However, it could very handy to have in ironman/hard mode

Infantry training is good for warriors too imo coz they don't have a stun immunity item compared with the rogue's bloodied scarf and cleric's ring of holiness/conductive vest However, it would require u to use hand weapons. I do agree getting battle rage I too as that guy said above. It saved my ass in askatir mine for quite a few times.There's been a few discussions about dph vs dps weapons. Once u turn on flurry, the scalpel will surely have higher dps than the sword but the sword will hit harder every hit. Idk really if this matters or not. Pls correct me if I'm wrong *_____*). Anyway, cheers man

Styxx

deadcorpze":1oe5tdto said:
Infantry training is good for warriors too imo coz they don't have a stun immunity item compared with the rogue's bloodied scarf and cleric's ring of holiness/conductive vest. I do agree getting battle rage I as that guy said above. It saved my ass in askatir mine for quite a few times. However, it would require u to use hand weapons.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but hand weapon requirement only applies to Infantry training stun/paralysis protection. Battle rage on the other hand works with any melee weapon.

Atomos

Styxx":1m6wfqol said:

For the last skill, I recommend battle rage 1. Extremely useful breaking up stun and paralysis. Again, the difference between living and dying. You get stunned, activate skill and keep fighting instead of helplessly watching your warrior taking damage.

Magical training allows characters to use the best healing items. If you want to fight the most powerful enemies in the game, you'll need those ;)

Battle Rage is good, but having Infantry training, and battle Rage both requires many skill points. Choosing one is better imo.

deadcorpze":1m6wfqol said:
There's been a few discussions about dph vs dps weapons. Once u turn on flurry, the scalpel will surely have higher dps than the sword but the sword will hit harder every hit. Idk really if this matters or not. Pls correct me if I'm wrong *_____*). Anyway, cheers man
It matters a lot when you meet armored enemies ;)

Styxx

Atomos":4jow49hz said:
Magical training allows characters to use the best healing items. If you want to fight the most powerful enemies in the game, you'll need those ;)

I guess that's the beauty of this game. No universal path or skill tree. Everyone can do what works the best for them. Personally, I really see no advantage of having magical training. Throughout the game all the way to the ending, I managed to collect only 20 scrolls of Circle of Restoration! Yes, you can purchase them, but they are kinda expensive. On the other hand, Potion of Lesser Restoration is more frequent to find, can be crafted and does not require investment of skill points. I know, the scroll heals the companion too, but that's where individual preference comes to play. I didn't need it. I've run the game with Hirge who I've built as a healer only. No active skills, no intervention. No wasting mana on anything but healing. My warrior was the tank, the fighter, the killer. Hirge's only job was to keep him alive (and some additional damage ;) I've taken on any enemy, hunted rumor bosses and survived to tell the tale while running as 2h warrior for most of the game. Only once I've entered the Ark, I've respec'd to 1h with shield. (honestly, I've had a hard time as a 2h without support of companion).

Atomos":4jow49hz said:
Rage is good, but having Infantry training, and battle Rage both requires many skill points. Choosing one is better imo.

Battle Rage I cost you 1 skill point. IMO hardly a deal breaker. Especially at high level. At mid levels, essential to survive Askatir Mine.

Also, Infantry Training requires 5 skill points (to be fully effective), Personality 3 and Shield expert 3.
Battle Rage 1 (that's all you need if your primary use is to break stun/paralysis) requires 1 skill point, Endurance 4 and Fury 3, a much better use of traits and skills for warrior, especially at mid levels IMO.

So, this is my 2 cents...i don't claim to have the best strategy. This is just what worked for me. I'm sure there are plenty of strategies that are as good or better.

And the beauty of it...if you're high level, you're probably rich (money is not an issue at higher levels). So spend your money on respecing and try what is best for you :D

Atomos

Styxx":380wft8j said:
I guess that's the beauty of this game. No universal path or skill tree. Everyone can do what works the best for them. Personally, I really see no advantage of having magical training. Throughout the game all the way to the ending, I managed to collect only 20 scrolls of Circle of Restoration! Yes, you can purchase them, but they are kinda expensive. On the other hand, Potion of Lesser Restoration is more frequent to find, can be crafted and does not require investment of skill points. I know, the scroll heals the companion too, but that's where individual preference comes to play.
True, true. You can't buy these potions though ;) , but just as you mentioned: it's a matter of choice. I'm using up money which can be found anywhere, potions of lesser restoration require farming at Crimson hills, or hunting rumor bosses. I'll make different choice when playing as cleric though :D
Styxx":380wft8j said:
Atomos":380wft8j said:
Rage is good, but having Infantry training, and battle Rage both requires many skill points. Choosing one is better imo.

Battle Rage I cost you 1 skill point. IMO hardly a deal breaker. Especially at high level. At mid levels, essential to survive Askatir Mine.

Also, Infantry Training requires 5 skill points (to be fully effective), Personality 3 and Shield expert 3.
Battle Rage 1 (that's all you need if your primary use is to break stun/paralysis) requires 1 skill point, Endurance 4 and Fury 3, a much better use of traits and skills for warrior, especially at mid levels IMO.
That's what I meant when I wrote having both skills require a lot skill points ;), that's 14 in total(7 levels). Fury is risky to use, and battle rage weakens the user for a short time after duration is over. I'll choose battle rage+magical training when going 2h though :)