The warrior's advanced skills

phaolo

Loreseeker
Atomos":1660ziap said:
That's what I meant when I wrote having both skills require a lot skill points ;), that's 14 in total(7 levels). Fury is risky to use, and battle rage weakens the user for a short time after duration is over.
Indeed, I already have Fury 2 (chosen before), and I'd still need 3+1 points to activate Battle Rage 1. It seems a bit too much.

Is it possible to reach level 20 before the last area (Ashens?) without too much grinding?
With 8 new points (I'm level 16 now), I could activate Infantry Training 2, Duel 3, other three adv skills at lvl 1.

Also, could I buy Flurry with agi5+belt?
I'm still at str4, btw..

Kuratha

Staff member
[/quote}Is it possible to reach level 20 before the last area (Ashens?) without too much grinding?[/quote]

Entirely possible, I was lv 18 when I first attempted them Ashen lands...and wow, was I unprepared. Defeating Valerian was probably the most difficult fight I've done at this point. Bapp cave wasn't too bad, however, I didn't notice the secret door in Bapp cave and didn't pick up that strange-looking hood that prevents shining balls of death from charring you to dust. So getting to Sunken Citadel was very difficult for a 340 hp rogue then (3-4 hits and I'm ded).

I hit lv 20 ~Day 160 w/ 73/80 quests complete and no grinding. I merely collected every item I could (collectivist/perfectionist gal here :D) and defeated every Rumor and Named Boss using scrolls of wisdom and the xp shrine in Nivarian 2-3 times.

Good luck ~!

Styxx

phaolo":24d59qp6 said:
Atomos":24d59qp6 said:
That's what I meant when I wrote having both skills require a lot skill points ;), that's 14 in total(7 levels). Fury is risky to use, and battle rage weakens the user for a short time after duration is over.
Indeed, I already have Fury 2 (chosen before), and I'd still need 3+1 points to activate Battle Rage 1. It seems a bit too much.

Ok, so I was referring to high level warrior. I agree that it could be a little risky and costly in mid levels, but at high levels with body development and HP in 700+ Fury kicks in with a lot of HP left and if you have heavy hand, precision strikes, duel and flurry, it's not even fair to the monsters you fight. Add Hirge and her healing and you're virtually unbeatable.

As far as short fatigue caused by battle rage, IMO is a much better choice in survival than being stunned or paralyzed as typically it kicks in after the fight is over anyway.

Also, could I buy Flurry with agi5+belt
No, it has to be raw AGI 6.

With 8 new points (I'm level 16 now), I could activate Infantry Training 2, Duel 3, other three adv skills at lvl 1
Duel 3 is not really necessary at your level. With flurry, you kill everything fast. I would advise to max flurry and other skills before duel. Really, flurry was a game changer for me. I strongly recommend to get it. I know it's quite expensive with requirement of Agi6, but IMO it is the best skill for warrior, and as an added bonus you get additional armor.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Styxx":1sbz2o7o said:
phaolo":1sbz2o7o said:
Also, could I buy Flurry with agi5+belt
No, it has to be raw AGI 6.
Damn.. it will take me forever, I'm still at agi3.

Considering also the good ending stats requirements, this game doesn't seem to really let warriors focus on their main attribute.. strength. :(

Atomos

Styxx":1diyggi2 said:
phaolo":1diyggi2 said:
With 8 new points (I'm level 16 now), I could activate Infantry Training 2, Duel 3, other three adv skills at lvl 1
Duel 3 is not really necessary at your level. With flurry, you kill everything fast. I would advise to max flurry and other skills before duel. Really, flurry was a game changer for me. I strongly recommend to get it. I know it's quite expensive with requirement of Agi6, but IMO it is the best skill for warrior, and as an added bonus you get additional armor.
Flurry might be a game changer, but you learned heavhanded, duel, massive critical, and precision strikes at level 2 before flurry right? Otherwise it's not worth getting, since you'd be as harmful as mosquito, good base DPS is a must.
phaolo":1diyggi2 said:
Considering also the good ending stats requirements, this game doesn't seem to really let warriors focus on their main attribute.. strength. :(
You can use trait boosting items for those ;)

Edit: typo detected and corrected :)

phaolo

Loreseeker
Atomos":1y7zrevk said:
Flurry might be a game changer, but you learned heavhanded, duel, massive critical, and precision strikes at level 2 before flurry right? Otherwise it's not worth getting, since you'd be as harmful as mosquito, good basen DPS is a must.
Nope they're mostly still at lvl 0-1..

Atomos":1y7zrevk said:
Thank god, I'm currently at int3,awa2,per3.

Styxx

phaolo":2jvdnr9f said:
Atomos":2jvdnr9f said:
Flurry might be a game changer, but you learned heavhanded, duel, massive critical, and precision strikes at level 2 before flurry right? Otherwise it's not worth getting, since you'd be as harmful as mosquito, good basen DPS is a must.
Agree, flurry is the high level addition.

Atomos":2jvdnr9f said:
phaolo":2jvdnr9f said:
Thank god, I'm currently at int3,awa2,per3.

If you make certain choices in the game, you can increase all these traits by 2 with items.

Styxx

phaolo":2xvjf7vp said:

BTW, I think you should upgrade your existing skills rather than looking for new ones at this stage.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Styxx":19guhe74 said:
phaolo":19guhe74 said:
BTW, I think you should upgrade your existing skills rather than looking for new ones at this stage.
Yeah, I was mostly planning ahead.
Also, adding adv skills even at lev0 was convenient to avoid having to look for the "trainer" again later.

Styxx

phaolo":3loiow2t said:
Also, adding adv skills even at lev0 was convenient to avoid having to look for the "trainer" again later.

I get it, but remember, you can always check wiki, it will tell you exactly where you can train it. Also, I believe that at your level, multiples of $5000 can be spent better than the skills you don't use. ;) There is a benefit of saving money and spending it at certain altar....