Should a warrior invest in Int,Awa,Per?

phaolo

Loreseeker
I currently have Int2,Awa1,Per2.
I saw that Per3 is required for the Infantry Training and Bloodlust skill (wtf?).
Int3 seems useful only to avoid paying 3K to the Governor in New Garand and 3K to Trix in Tremadan.
Not sure if Awa>1 is even needed very much.

Am I missing other important trait checks?
Could I find & use stats enhancer items to avoid spending skill points?

JarrenDrahn

You are missing a lot of trait checks actually. I couldn't list them all off of the top of my head but the end game in particular has trait checks that are vital to how the game ends. Awa 5 and either Per 5 or Int 5 are needed for the peaceful ending. If you don't want the peaceful ending then Per 5 and Int 5 are very useful to beat the final boss.

Yes, you can use items that boost stats for checks.

Sounkeng

Personally I like to have at least 2 points in every attribute to make my character feel flushed out and to obtain easily obtainable skill checks. From my perspective that is 12 easy skill points that nets me with better gossiping, trap detection/disarming, spirit/death resistance/ and several skill checks. To top it off it makes me feel like my character isn't just some sort of bumbling idiot.

A small handful of the skill checks you are neglecting:

Awareness 2 makes it so you don't need Adeon to find the hidden levers to turn off poison rooms (3 different dungeons have this effect) or to find the 7th house in New Garand.

There is also a personality/Intelligence skill check that will allow you to talk the leader of the Mount Storm village into allowing the ex/soldiers to live with them.

There is a Personality/Intelligence check to progress 3 vs 11 (A failure to meet it with a sufficient score results in you paying a sizable bribe)

Not to mention the necessary skill checks in the Ark to obtain a peaceful resolution.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Just to give you an overall impression: There are currently 106 trait checks in the game, 102 require AWA, INT, or PER. So even warriors should spent a few points into those traits, otherwise a lot of opportunities will be lost.

phaolo

Loreseeker
JarrenDrahn":32smvto0 said:
the end game in particular has trait checks that are vital to how the game ends. Awa 5 and either Per 5 or Int 5 are needed for the peaceful ending. If you don't want the peaceful ending then Per 5 and Int 5 are very useful to beat the final boss.
Yes, you can use items that boost stats for checks
Damn, I'd have to reserve a lot of points on non-warrior traits for such ending.
Or.. find cool items with such bonuses.
Btw, why are Per5 and Int5 actually useful for a fight?
The spirit&death bonuses seem so low.

MikeB":32smvto0 said:
102 require AWA, INT, or PER. So even warriors should spent a few points into those traits, otherwise a lot of opportunities will be lost.
Few ok, but I was wondering if >2

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
phaolo":1mknrwy2 said:
Few ok, but I was wondering if >2
Here's my personal overview (no guarantee) on how many trait checks exist for the various trait levels:

[row][cell] Trait level: [/cell][cell] 1 [/cell][cell] 2 [/cell][cell] 3 [/cell][cell] 4 [/cell][cell] 5 [/cell][cell] 6 [/cell][cell] 7 [/cell][/row]
[row][cell] STR [/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]1[/cell][cell]1[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] END [/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] AGI [/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]1[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]1[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] INT [/cell][cell]8[/cell][cell]13[/cell][cell]15[/cell][cell]4[/cell][cell]2[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] AWA [/cell][cell]2[/cell][cell]9[/cell][cell]3[/cell][cell]1[/cell][cell]2[/cell][cell]0[/cell][cell]0[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] PER [/cell][cell]7[/cell][cell]9[/cell][cell]14[/cell][cell]7[/cell][cell]5[/cell][cell]1[/cell][cell]0[/cell][/row]
So targeting for INT 3, AWA 2, PER 3 seems to be a good trade-off.

Zwackley

Loreseeker
And remember:
* Near the end of the game, you will find a wearable that will increase your AWA by 2.
* There's one quest that when completed in a certain way gives you a ring that raises PER by 2.
* It's easy to find items that increase INT by 1. There's also one item that will increase your INT by 2, but that item is surrendered if you successfully complete the optional quest in which you gain that item.
* There are trainers in the warrior guilds that you can pay to have your trait points reset. It is worth visiting the trainer prior to trying to complete the final parts of the game.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
Zwackley":19zr70ik said:
And remember:
* There's also one item that will increase your INT by 2, but that item is surrendered if you successfully complete the optional quest in which you gain that item.

Theres no time limit to give this item back, so no hurry.
I completed main quest and i am still in possession of this item, aiming Thuram quests in 1.1

* There's one quest that when completed in a certain way gives you a ring that raises PER by 2.

But if you complete this same quest the other way, you gain 1 skill point that is much rare in this game (theres only one other moment near end game where you can gain another skill point)
And after completing main quest by peaceful way, you gain an item that gives you PER2

JarrenDrahn

Actually you can also get a skill point from the alter that you pay money for visions from. I feel like there's another too but I'm probably wrong.

VDX_360

Staff member
While "playing style" is the default answer to this question, there's a lot of reasons to for a warrior to invest in mental traits, quest options, XP gain, use of scrolls and items with INT requirements, finding secrets and traps.