II - Strategy
III - Traits
IV - Skills
V - Level & Skill Progression
VI - Notable Items
VII - Undermother Fight

~~ Summary ~~

Guild - The Three

A build that utilizes all the powers of The Three to increase damage tremendously, support a large team, destroy giant groups of enemies and defeat any boss in the game.

This build is mana oriented but it's TONS of fun and really showcases what Cleric's are capable of.

Here's a picture of mine at level 22:

It requires a LOT of skill points to complete, but most of the skills can still be used at the earlier levels.

~~ Strategy ~~

There's honestly so much to say about it. If reading hurts your brain, you can listen to this video instead:

This video is slightly outdated since it requires joining the Warrior's guild. It is recommended to join the Cleric's guild for this build, but that is up to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-iMsiwHtfo

Video testing the build against Unweakened Undermother down below.

Here's how the build works:

1) Right before a battle (and during), summon your Wolf and use Battle Prayer + Arbenos's Might for an armor and damage boost to your whole team.

2) Rush in for aggro so you take the brunt of the damage with your tankyness.

3) Heal when necessary and recast BP + AM. The longer a battle drags on, the stronger you'll get.

4) To heal allies and inflict loads of damage to everything near you, cast Flames Of Faith and Sacred Fire.

5) Enjoy the loot.

~~ Traits ~~

The neat thing about this build is that you're free to use any kind of weapon you'd like, just prioritize your mana.

Personality > Str/Agi > Int > End > Awa

~~ Skills ~~

Due to the high requirement of Skill Points necessary to complete the build, I would refrain from maxing your skills out until you have at least 1 or 2 levels in all the skills. For example, instead of getting Precision Strikes Lv. 3 (6 points), get Precision Strikes Lv. 2 (3 points) and Massive Criticals Lv. 2 (3 points). Some skills are an exception such as Guardian Wolf, Battle Prayer and Heal Wounds.

Finally, on to the skills:

<Mana Skills>

Heal Wounds III
- Is this even worth mentioning?

Sacred Fire III
- A huge source of extra damage, even single target. You'll never have to worry about the undead ruining your evening. Also necessary for Flames of Faith.

Intervention I+
- In conjunction with Heal Wounds, you're officially unstoppable. Unless you're silly enough to let your hp get down to 0 again.

Arbenos's Might I
- Only 1 point for the high dps/skill point ratio as well as the low mana cost. This ability is enough to suffice for weaker enemies.

Thelume's Wisdom II
- Tired of wasting scrolls wondering where all the secrets be at? Well look no further. Thelume will reveal all the lovely doors, tolassian tombs and traps (yes I said traps) 95% of the time in a MASSIVE 20 meter radius! Oh, it'll even tell you if you missed anything.

Battle Prayer III
- This is what you'll use to kill the Elder Dragon, Lich, Underking and Undermother with. For 12 mana, you and every member of your team receives 8 armor, 5 more damage and 25 to all resistances. This will make even Adaon a tank.

Flames Of Faith II+
- 90-126 Spirit damage in 6 seconds to everything around you and 48-60 more health for every ally in its radius. With Sacred Fire, you can deal 220+ aoe damage in 6 seconds! Only the strongest foes in the game can resist this. Even then, it'll still leave a dent.

Guardian Wolf III
- This summons a Spirit Wolf that deals 25dps. With BP, its damage will get boosted to 30dps. The Spirit Wolf has a decent amount of armor and health early game as well as a huge resistance to fire, ice, and shock. Even more so with all your utility skills and heals. If you can keep it alive, your damage per second will be increased by 30 for 5 minutes. Excellent for bosses.

Note: Players have been complaining about the Wolf dying too quickly. It is required to tank at the higher levels so he does not take damage. If he is kept alive your DPS gets boosted tremendously. He is still very useful at the higher levels if used properly.

<Melee Abilities>

Bloodlust I
- 3 more damage and 2 armor after killing something. And for a single skill point, not bad!

Precision Strikes II
- 100% more crit. By itself it isn't all that great considering the low crit rates weapons have, but in tandem with Massive Criticals, it's deadly.

Massive Criticals II+
- 250%-300% more damage per crit PLUS a 25%-50% chance of executing any non-boss? My oh my. The robots in the Ark will fear you.

<General Skills>

Nivaria's Barrier II
- Required for Battle Prayer. Not a terrible armor boost either.

Spiritual Ward I+
- If you don't want to take any chances against Devourers or the final boss if you dare face it, this one's a must if you're an Iron Man!

Body Development II+
- Also a must have for Iron Man's. This skill is suggested after level 15 because by then you'll have accumulated a good amount of STR & END that will benefit from this skill.

~~ Level & Skill Progression ~~

Levels 1-5
Heal Wounds II
Arbenos's Might I
Sacred Fire I
Nivaria's Barrier II
Thelume's Wisdom II

Levels 6-10
Sacred Fire III
Intervention II
Precision Strikes I (1 INT/1 AWA)
Massive Criticals II (3 STR)

Levels 11-15
Guardian Wolf III (INT 3 | Quest - Three versus Eleven | NPC - Hirge @ New Garand Temple)
Heal Wounds III
Bloodlust I (PER 3 | Quest - The Restless Dead | NPC - Sergeant Toel @ Freetown)

Levels 16-20
Battle Prayer III (PER 5 + Niv's Barrier II | Quest - The Dead god | NPC - Archbishop Dilla @ Hall Of Wisdom)
Body Development II (END 4)
Spiritual Ward II (PER 2 | Quest - Three versus Eleven | NPC - Sister Mada @ New Garand Temple)

Levels 21-25
Flames Of Faith III (Req. Sacred Fire III)
Massive Criticals III
Precision Strikes II

From here on out, it's up to you.

~~ Notable Items ~~

Ring of Holyness (Orbs of Galade + 30 Large Emeralds) <- Necessary for Ark & Devourers
Blessed Belt Of Might (Trader Pirenne - Niverian)
Paladin's Longsword (The Cursed Abbey)
Spectral Cloak (Outstanding Apprentice)
Ring Of Mentalism (Stopping Prejudice)
Blessed Platemail Set (The Mausoleum)

~~ Final Thoughts + Undermother Hunting! ~~

I didn't go through the trouble of writing all this down just because it's a strong build. I did it because it's also extremely fun, and I wanted to share that with you all.

Anyways, here's a little treat for those of you that made it this far!

Lv. 15 Iron (vs) Horror
https://youtu.be/ptSUBfEsRp4

Unweakened Undermother fight!
https://youtu.be/63ke1ND837M

No Scrolls Of Restoration were harmed in the making of this video.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's noteworthy that a sizable amount of strength to this build stems from the most recent equipment and items. So by the time the game was 1.0, the Cleric class is a contender, but for the long haul from beta to 1.0, Cleric's were too often the target of player jokes.

Sounkeng

You'll love it when you get guardian wolf 3. Spirit wolf is pretty much a total badass.

Ian Skylark

Is it really that good? I'm excited now. Just 2 long levels to go. I added a skill guide from level 1-25 for new Clerics and made sure to include the Wolf in the earlier levels. He would've been a huge help to me against the majority of bosses.

You're right VDX. I've often read that the Cleric is the worst class but I think that's only the case if we try to build them like the others. Our survivability is unmatched and I honestly think our DPS is able to rival that of even the Rogue if we make the most of our skills and allies. At least, when they're not using flurry.

Note: Included trait distribution, level progression and a couple more images.

Ian Skylark

Honestly, I only played with Gris up until now so I didn't get to see what the others were like; only recently did I notice how much Adaon offers (haven't tested Hirge). David did a great job of making sure every companion can give you a unique and completely different experience!

The reason I chose Gris was a nerdy one, lol. I formed a little role play story for our characters. I always do this in games to immerse myself. In Skyrim I used to pretend my guy got hungry and had to sleep everynight, LOL.. but it was so much fun.

Anyways, I didn't know Adaon literally goes and disables traps for you. ... if I had known this. Those blasted things were the bane of my existence.

Gris is good for clearing mobs and tanking. Adaon's great for traps and especially bosses. Set him up behind a boss with his flank, it's deadly. And Hirge I'm assuming is great for tanking too and general survivability. I plan on using her on my new warrior.

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Ian Skylark":3agxpc2b said:
Honestly, I only played with Gris up until now so I didn't get to see what the others were like; only recently did I notice how much Adaon offers (haven't tested Hirge). David did a great job of making sure every companion can give you a unique and completely different experience!

The reason I chose Gris was a nerdy one, lol. I formed a little role play story for our characters. I always do this in games to immerse myself. In Skyrim I used to pretend my guy got hungry and had to sleep everynight, LOL.. but it was so much fun.

Anyways, I didn't know Adaon literally goes and disables traps for you. ... if I had known this. Those blasted things were the bane of my existence.

Gris is good for clearing mobs and tanking. Adaon's great for traps and especially bosses. Set him up behind a boss with his flank, it's deadly. And Hirge I'm assuming is great for tanking too and general survivability. I plan on using her on my new warrior.

Thank you. I did not know that Adeon disarms the traps, I am trying your build on ironman mode at the moment and was thinking who should I pick, I always liked Hirge cause of healing and nice damage against undead in the tombs but almost every single time ive died in any ironman were traps. I might try using him.

Ian Skylark

Keep me updated on your ironman. I'll be rooting for you! And let me know if you're enjoying the build as well. Since you're going iron, maybe invest extra points in END rather than the few I reccommend, and get body development as well. Get at least 1 point in Intervention early on also, the more the merrier. Adaon disarms traps with points in trap master.

Oh! I forgot to mention something about Adaon. You can use Thelume's Wisdom II to reveal 95% of traps in a large area then allow Mr. Adaon to clear it all for you. I don't know why this just now came to my mind

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Ian Skylark":u20ym9lk said:
Keep me updated on your ironman. I'll be rooting for you! And let me know if you're enjoying the build as well. Since you're going iron, maybe invest extra points in END rather than the few I reccommend, and get body development as well. Get at least 1 point in Intervention early on also, the more the merrier. Adaon disarms traps with points in trap master.

Oh! I forgot to mention something about Adaon. You can use Thelume's Wisdom II to reveal 95% of traps in a large area then allow Mr. Adaon to clear it all for you. I don't know why this just now came to my mind

This is what I am running at the moment, I am thinking if I should join warriors guild for the crits but not sure. As the three gives mana potions on sale and other nice things you can buy.

I went for the wolf first cause lvl 13 wolf is a real life saver at the moment.