Cleric Build - Child Of Faith + Undermother Video

Ian Skylark

About joining The Three over Warrior's. The mana potions are extremely tempting, I know. If you think extra mana overshadows Duel and Heavyhand, then go for it. Just remember, later on large mana pots can be farmed from Minos in the Sunken Citadel.

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Thats true, they are just tempting. I guess I will start lacking damage at some point and duel and heavyhand will be good for the ark later on.

deadcorpze

"A true cleric joins the church of the three" is what id like to say to argue with this build but lets be real. There's really no point joining the church. You have a very good build here man. My build was the same with what isiliax posted here somewhere(check it out, thread title is how to beat hard using cleric), basically joined the church and relied on single target damage and battle prayer as main skill. That leaves me to choose only grissenda as companion as aoe dealer and tanker. I was able to beat the game with peaceful ending(yes I'm a coward, I can't beat the parasite god dam it ). Nevertheless, it also worked. The reason I joined the church was to see if there was benefits I could have. to my disappointement, the ONLY 2 things that were really beneficial which I observed was the cheap mana pots and that teleporter inside which takes u to hall of wisdom(ez finding info on tremadan's tower). One thing worries me tho, flames of faith seems to deal an unstable amount of damage. It says 21 spirit damage per second but its actually lower than that even on mobs with 0 spirit resistance. Also, the reason why I dropped spellcasting was the fact that spells doesn't crit :(

Ian Skylark

Lol! Don't feel bad, I didn't fight it either.

Thanks for the compliment on the build. It's true, spells don't crit but that's why I suggested FoF after level 20. It's meant to serve as extra damage on top of what you're dealing. I found it helped me against the Ark Robots a lot whenever they teamed up on me.

As for Sacred Fire, it doesn't crit, but with it you won't have to worry about any undead. That includes Wraiths, Fallen Heroes, Skeletal Champions and those op Deathknights. It doesn't affect some undead though, like Dragoons and the Lich.

deadcorpze

What? U tank the robots when they teamed up on you? Lol, i thank the doors when that happen. U know that trick, run through to the doors, stand near it and enemies will enter 1 by 1(its another cowardly thing to do but hey i lived :D)
I agree that spells at late game serves as extra damage source. however, that doesnt make them less threat than a warriot or rogue. If played right, they can dish out a lot of dps from their spell arsenal and they have lycan blood running through their veins too

Anyway, have u tried combining holy shield and battle prayer? It doesn't stack but battle prayer plus arbenos might works just fine. I dunno, maybe that's just how it is

Ian Skylark

Shhhh, the door trick is supposed to be a secret :p

Yeah, I'm able to tank the robots up to 3 at a time. It wasn't that way at first though but now I'm able to with all my spells activated.

I noticed it too. There's no shield stacking in the game, so putting points in Holy Shield is pointless if you have Battle Prayer. Damage on the other hand does stack, and Clerics have so many sources of damage that their dps is one of the best.

For example, Obtainable Toast's Cleric he showed us is Lv. 9 and the dps shows up as 10 which would be low at that level. But he has the Spirit Wolf and Abernos's Might so in reality his dps actually exceeds 40!

Ian Skylark

So I did a little bit of research. Adaon needs a 65% disarm rate or more for him to walk over to traps and disarm them for you. That shouldn't be too difficult to get for him.

Ian Skylark

Yessir. Unweakened on Hard. That was actually my first time! If your spirit resistance is around 175 or higher, you are immune to her paralysis. Not immune to her damage though, lol

Edit: Well, first time with this build. My only other attempt was as a level 19. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. That didn't go over well... I don't think I made it to the three second mark