It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:34 am 

I just stumbled upon this game announcement while I browsed indierpg.com, and looks exactly like the kind of game I am looking forward to play... Why are there so few good RPGs in Google Play? There's lots of RPGish things that look very good, but have no substance, no story behind it, and they're just a mindless sucession of level after level of combat.

The game seems to be diablo-like but with a story. I wonder if in the future it can be expanded so you can control a full party and pause the game, for a more tactical approach.

And another question... Release date? Price?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 pm 

Quote:
I wonder if in the future it can be expanded so you can control a full party and pause the game, for a more tactical approach.

Wouldn't that be a different game? That's not some "tweak", it's changing it all over.

Agree on the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 pm 

Turn based is best games in the genre, yes. But this is mobile right, you play different, I like it to be action-RPG.

Finished testing again, second play through, now game is longer and better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:14 am 

rodus wrote:
Wouldn't that be a different game? That's not some "tweak", it's changing it all over.

Maybe you're right, but I really have been waiting for a deep,complex,turn-based rpg for android for a long time. This game seems to be fun in its own way (testing it and loving the story, action is fun)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:50 am 

Tyrondos wrote:
Maybe you're right, but I really have been waiting for a deep,complex,turn-based rpg for android for a long time.

Me too... but I think we turn-based fans are now scarce.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:48 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Just to clarify, this is an action-RPG. And will be. Nobody is a bigger fan of turn-based old school games than me, as my favorite games are Darklands, PoR, or the Wizardry series, and maybe I'll one day make a game of that genre. Just not this one, which is a mobile game. EK will have a lot of depth and exploration, and things that I believe go back to the roots of RPGs, though, so I think old-school players will be appeased, or at least I hope some do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:46 am 

Things are a bit quiet lately, how is development going? can you give us an estimated date of release, David?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:35 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

KimPera wrote:
Things are a bit quiet lately, how is development going? can you give us an estimated date of release, David?

It is going strong and steady. The new trait system will add more flexibility and customization options for your character (and companions). It pretty much affects everything in the game, which means I have to carefully test everything I do, and I prefer no "nightly" builds being uploaded. But it's almost ready, and I expect a new build by tomorrow, or Saturday.

As for public release, I don't really know. I don't think it'll take me more than 5-6 weeks to reach Beta 0.6. But as it doesn't entirely depend on me, I can't really know. It can be one month, it can be four.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:25 am 

A week without updates and you have to expllain why, jeeeeez.