Where is Brother Gabriel?

Shaymer

I took the Dark Matters quest, completed it, and tried to return to Brother Gabriel in New Garland to collect. When I got there, he was gone. Checked the city. Checked the temple. No luck. Any idea what happened to him?

Trying to complete quest to get reputation up for the three, so I can get the Abbey Quest, so I can open the gate to the Hellish Cave.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If you completed the 3 vs 11 quest, he'll be in the temple.

Shaymer

That's the 1st place I checked. He's not there.
-The 3v11 quest was initiated when I walked by with Hirge twice.
-I declined both times so I could complete the quest I was doing before adding another.
-I was doing the 'Dark Matters' quest in order to get my reputation with the 3 up, so I could initiate the Abbey Quest in Fogas, so I could open the gate in the Abbey, so I could enter the Hellish cave, so I could get the best shield.
-Have I glitched myself in to a corner?

I'm stuck. Any options.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
Shaymer":38bhgw2l said:
That's the 1st place I checked. He's not there.
-The 3v11 quest was initiated when I walked by with Hirge twice.
-I declined both times so I could complete the quest I was doing before adding another.
-I was doing the 'Dark Matters' quest in order to get my reputation with the 3 up, so I could initiate the Abbey Quest in Fogas, so I could open the gate in the Abbey, so I could enter the Hellish cave, so I could get the best shield.
-Have I glitched myself in to a corner?

I'm stuck. Any options.

Try to again activate 3vs11. If you can start it, then complete it and see if he spawns in the temple. Another option is to run more quests for the 3 to get your rep up enough to take the abbey quest. You do know every town except friguld has an altar of the 3 and a quest for that priest.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
I guess you already did this, but just in case you haven't tried yet: Sleep at an inn to make the whole city respawn and see whether Brother Gabriel returns to his place.

If he will not reappear at the New Garand shrine and you haven't even started 3 vs. 11, this sounds like a real bug. Then your only hope is David checking (and maybe fixing) your savefile.

Shaymer

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the feedback. This game is amazing.

Shaymer

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the feedback. This game is amazing.

I am stuck though. Brother Gabriel is gone, nothing has respawed, the 3v11 option isn't there, and I've used all saves at the inn since this happened. How do I reset to before I took the quests and alert people of the possible bug politely?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
My advice would be to export your save to a file and send it directly to David via the Support button. Maybe he can find the glitch and fix it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
After the update madness, I finally had time to look into this.

The only way this seems possible is if you tell Hirge to never mention the "3 vs 11" quest again, automatically failing it.

I will make Brother Gabriel spawn by the altar again in this case (after next update), but please be aware "3 vs 11" will remain as failed.