Adaon and the Wizard

TimothySach

The wizard guy in Kingsbridge was robbed by Adaon. Yet if you later get him in your party and go talk to the wizard, he doesn't regonize him. I think it would be cool if the guy got angry and things escalated :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I don't want to spoil but yeah, that will happen. :p

I was waiting until spellcasting (and spellcasting AI) was fully implemented.

SuperCitizen

SPOILER

I see that this finally was done, veeery fun scene haha. But is the orb already in the game? I don't want to pay the 10000 lel

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This quest is completable since today's update (0.6.682)

Arvin

Really? How do you get past the rats? And what kind of cloak is it? Is it worthy of the quest? Thanks

SuperCitizen

Cloak? Wizard gives two separate quests. The cloak quest is good, but the one when he gets real mad at you if you come close with Adaon gives no actual reward. Well, a bunch of XP and repu.

Now that I think about it, if he gets MAD, can you still do the cloak quest? no idea...

Positron68

Arvin":vay9zh5f said:
Really? How do you get past the rats? And what kind of cloak is it? Is it worthy of the quest? Thanks

As said above, cloak is the first quest with this guy, unrelated to what happens if you happen to walk in, accompained by the guy who happened to rob him. This game has SO much potential if you keep adding little things like that "chance meeting"

The rats have been toned down I think? at least in yesterday's update they don't respawn like crazy, and feel a bit weaker.

But the best way is, pick carefuly the entrance to the sewers, there is 3, pick the one in the NW of town, and it's a short way to the guy with orb of shadows.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify, if you complete "A Mad Wizard", Janod will despawn the next day, and that may mean the quest "A fair deal" is no longer completable. Not sure if that should be changed, after all, he no longer needs the money because he has recovered his precious orb.

Also, while it's true "A Mad Wizard" has no big rewards, it may have an effect on the late game ;)