Mental traits and how they affect quests line

xmppwokki

How hardly intellect awareness and personality affect quest line and rewards?

1 My rogue without personality 2 couldn't survive Rodo poisenous attack. Part of quest to join thieves guild.

2 Awareness 2 or Adaon in team needed to notice slot in hand of statue which opens enterence to the thief's guild.

3 Small bonus for the personality 1 in first town captain Whitewater gives some money to prepare for the quest.

4 Intelligence 1 Small bonus for Ancient lore quest. Before you enter the tomb.

VDX_360

Staff member
Some quests have rewards or outcomes that are enhanced or only possible with INT, AWA or PER trait checks (that can be reached through natural or equipment bonus).

INT also grants bonus to traps and locks, mana, perception and XP grain
PER also grants bonus to spirit resist, gossip and mana
AWA also grants bonus to perception, gossip, defense and ranged weapons

For warriors, the physical traits are more important but do not overlook the benefit of at least modest investment in the mental traits.

Look at the Wiki for more details, if both traits and which quest have trait checks.
http://exiledkingdoms.com/wiki

VDX_360

Staff member
xmppwokki":1l8q9h55 said:
Currently without personality 2 it is impossible (at least for 6lvl) to join thief guild.
I'm not sure that statement is fully correct: both Welcome to the House and Smugglers in the Night can be completed without passing a Level 2 Awareness check. The first by having Adaon with you, the second by surviving the blow you would otherwise have noticed.

Can anyone confirm this either way?

xmppwokki

I corrected first post. May be it was my bad luck. Until I invested 2 in perwonality dialogue lead to death. I had Adaon in team.

VDX_360

Staff member
Thanks for updating -- if there was an issue it's best to track it so it can be fixed. Sometimes games can hiccup causing odd game play, but if it's your first play through, you might realize there was a hiccup.

VDX_360

Staff member
xmppwokki":od1u2gnc said:
...I had Adaon in team.
Well, there's your problem. Adaon is the least useful, most untrustworthy, only-going-to-get-you-in-trouble-and-you-should-have-left-him-in-his-cage-to-rot Companion. Ok, I may hold a grudge against Adaon and some people swear by Adaon as a Companion, and some people think he's "fun" to have on the team. Me personally, if I have in my team it's because I don't trust him alone in my house with Hirge and Grissenda. Who knows what problems he can cause with my chest full for unique items.

Grim Reaper

once u complete all quests(i would suggest w8ing for new update david is about to lunch in about a week or so..) i would suggest 2 reset all stats and put everything in what u actually need... (leaving 1 awa+ 1 from abbot's ring is a gud choise since there are a lot of traps which req awa 2 to be deactivated)