Quest list sorted by level and difficulty

Arthurii

Translator
DavidBVal":29r1j5fl said:
Web of Terror was designed for level 11-12, I think 14 is a bit too high.

Unless you mean defeating the Vagabond, which is not part of the "standard" solution.
I mean by level of 14 no one should be able to fail this quest. I've set this in a such way because Lady Xidar is lvl 14, and I believe level of the creep is the level when the hero can beat him almost in any cases given full hp/mp limit.
Almost all of these quests could be done at earlier levels, but it only means that the build you're using is stronger than creeps level... I think it's most useful to newbies, who tend to build something significantly less powerful than average build on this forum.

Kongel

DavidBVal":1nnvimtx said:
Web of Terror was designed for level 11-12, I think 14 is a bit too high.

Unless you mean defeating the Vagabond, which is not part of the "standard" solution.

He probably does.. And btw with some potions and 2 invisible potions, you can defeat him at level 9 with Hirge at level 7.

warnerxy

Translator
:eek: :eek:

This is great!!! I've been looking for a quest list like this. Very helpfull, thanks a lot brother!!

VDX_360

Staff member
Overall, not a bad list. I'd suggest slipping the bag of holding in with getting access to the tower or shortly after.

Every quest list sorted by level is subject to debate as there are too many variables based on class, build, game difficulty, playing style and lucky drops giving higher tier equipment.

Also, as discussed above, depending on what quest outcome one is seeking to get, a higher or lower level may be required, either to survive a fight or to have the trait points required to pass a trait check.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Stickied for now, although maybe we should make a single sticky thread called "Compilation of useful resources" linking to this one and others.

Kurrelgyre

I think Shielding the Mind should be moved further down the list. Acquiring the quest requires travel through an area where level 8 monsters (bears) are common. Low level characters will have a hard time getting the quest. Personally, I would mark it as level 6 at a minimum.

Vesanan

If you base everything according to mob lvl this list is spot on as far as I can tell, I just don't feel mob lvl is very accurate in estimating the difficulty of the quest. I would also consider the elemental dmg/resistances of mobs and special characteristics (for example trolls regeneration ability unless killed with fire dmg) if I was a new player it would be more helpful to me if this list also included an elemental chart (the types of elements you will encounter in the dungeon and any inherent elemental weaknesses of the mobs) nice list though would have been nice having this a year or so ago.

Arthurii

Translator
So, since 1.1 is out and I kinda have some free time I will spend some time working with the wiki to update and then improve the list. Yep, I'm probably going to put some tags to each quests, including enemy crowd fights, elemental damage, or boss encounters. And add path from quests page.
I'm still going to sort the list by my old method tho; I guess it would be highly personal to sort it in other way. As I explained earlier, I believe that level of a creep shows that there should be no player that couldn't beat it if he is at the same level or higher, so any newbie would be sure that he is able to complete the quest 99%. And there should be tags to consider of course, like lvl 6 warrior rarely completes quest "where did I put my sword" without appropriate equipment because of high poison dmg combined with a crowd of enemies.
Talking about bears, I've used to complete some quests peacefully, with only my legs. I believe I could easily complete tesur part of that quest at level 1 as a mage without any health or defence bonus simply by outrunning every encounter. There would be hard time with wolves, though their attacks could be evaded too... though, it's probably not the way newbies would play. Thanks.

Del

Was this Quest by Level info ever added to the wiki? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.