Quest list sorted by level and difficulty

Xen

Loreseeker
I agree for the name to be "Recommended for Level" because not all players are doing certain quests at a specified level. Others can make it earlier while some will finish it later because it is hard for them.

Arthurii

Translator
Claytopia":3i3vv6t5 said:
Thanks for all the work

Don't you need to complete Fort Assault (38) before you can get Bullfighting (47)?

You get bullfighting from a person inside warrior guild's tower, which is locked until you complete Fort Assault.
And Fort Assault requires level 9 and The best plan to be completed.

By the way, can I grant permission for anyone to modify head post? Because I don't really have resource to secure each detail into the list, so I'd want community to take my place after all.
Or should I wait until it is transmitted into Wiki?
Or could I do it myself after all?

Arthurii

Translator
Claytopia":bw6f4ziw said:
Thanks for all the work

Don't you need to complete Fort Assault (38) before you can get Bullfighting (47)?

You get bullfighting from a person inside warrior guild's tower, which is locked until you complete Fort Assault.
And Fort Assault requires level 9 and The best plan to be completed.

By the way, can I grant permission for anyone to modify head post? Because I don't really have resource to secure each detail into the list, so I'd want community to take my place after all.

Xen":bw6f4ziw said:
I agree for the name to be "Recommended for Level" because not all players are doing certain quests at a specified level. Others can make it earlier while some will finish it later because it is hard for them.
As I explained earlier, you can't measure how hard is quest just one integer named level. I believe there is some "power level" depending on your equipment, skills and traits, and it is different for groups of enemies and for single targets. Player should understand by theyselves if they is able to beat tougher enemies, so, recommended level isn't a fitting name for lowest level of strongest creep... and there's my marks about threats and weaknesses.

Xen

Loreseeker
Arthurii":ry2jb8sn said:
As I explained earlier, you can't measure how hard is quest just one integer named level. I believe there is some "power level" depending on your equipment, skills and traits, and it is different for groups of enemies and for single targets. Player should understand by theyselves if they is able to beat tougher enemies, so, recommended level isn't a fitting name for lowest level of strongest creep... and there's my marks about threats and weaknesses.

What I mean for recommended level is the level in which most of the players can surely finish it without much of a threat. Sometimes it is not the traits, the skills, or the equipment that matters, it can also be the player's ability.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Arthurii":38pxxd4q said:

No, there's no way that everyone can edit your posts, only moderators.

That's why wiki is best choice for something like this, wiki articles can be edited by anyone.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Arthurii":21xw2kka said:
Suggested quest order would be something completely different from this list, when all quests under lvl 6 without "strong" or "group" flag is completeable by lvl 2-3 character.
Recommended level seems bad too due to quite different build power. One could beat Ark on hardcore on lvl14, I did on casual on lvl18, and someone can't on lvl24. So I think it should be part of build guides.
Since most difficulty come from "strong, group, etc." and elemental damage, user should be most aware of it, not the level. Perfect example is " where did I put my sword" with a ton of poison damage. No player can get resistance or health to the point of lvl 6 to fight the ghouls. I see this resource mostly as a hint for the user to know better how to prepare to certain quest.
I think I understand your intention, but I'm not quite sure which "core features" of this table you would like to see represented in the Wiki. Is the actual order of the table entries of any real significance to you when it neither reflects a suggested quest order nor a recommended character level? Would some additional information regarding threats and elements encountered during the course of a quest be already sufficient to make the Wiki quest table more useful?

I ask this because, to be honest, I would refrain from simply making a new Wiki page where your table is copied to, because this would be a stand-alone thing without any inherent connection to the actual quest pages. That's something we usually try to avoid, because it tends to diverge rather quickly from information edited on other pages. That's why most of the tables you see on the Wiki nowadays (including the current quest table) are actually generated automatically and draw their data directly from the individual (quest) pages.

Therefore, I would prefer to put the relevant information from your list into the individual quest pages and then feed it to the existing quest table. However, this needs some more careful planning of what to add exactly and in which format. Hence, my questions on the "core features" above. For example, if the row order does matter, than we would still need some kind of ordinal number attributed to each quest to enable a proper sorting.

p4ran0id

Staff member
My opinion:
Add recommended level, Weaknesses and Trait Checks* to the existing table. That would be a great help to have an overview/orientation.

*trait checks only if there are less then three, otherwise "see quest description". It would be really confusing to insert all trait checks for ark of Lothasan for example

Yzmo

I think "Mightier than the Sword" isn't for level 8. The first ambush is letal.

Neither "Shards of Fate" (Level 12???), and consecuently, The Primal Forge.

Sorry for necropost.

Arthurii

Translator
Yzmo":3gez9q3n said:
I think "Mightier than the Sword" isn't for level 8. The first ambush is letal.

Neither "Shards of Fate" (Level 12???), and consecuently, The Primal Forge.

Sorry for necropost.
It's not really a dead post - it contains some vital information gathered together. The data can be a bit outdated and miss some quests - my fault, because I should update this since 1.2 is live, but I have no time for this anymore. If one would be kind enough to update excel table provided in this post with additional/updated/corrected data, I would be glad to update the post with it.

About your argues... Hope you have found out how I measure quest level. And that player should check the wiki for more data about the quest and it's locations if he wants to be sure if he can complete it.

For shards of fate: lvl 12 is the lowest possible level for rumor bosses which can drop shards. So it is correct if you're ok with farming rumor bosses.
I don't recall what is the highest amongst minimal levels of enemies at ambush, but I guess it wasn't 8, so you're right.
And for the primal forge you have to get the hammer which guarded by a named dragon, who is probably have lvl higher than 12...

Very Impressive!
Yes, the early game is generally the most difficult, I spend most of my time in Varsillia completing all of it's quests, I have had many builds across multiple playthroughs, usually I cant reasonably assess any other areas until after level 9 when I help Sergeant Dumek.