Acquiring the key from alarbus

Tomtull

Hi all,how do I get Alarbus to give me the key for and the abyss gazes back? I've spoken to the priest, went to the cave and read the sign inside it but still alarbus will not come off the key.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Tomtull":hml8jhmm said:
Hi all,how do I get Alarbus to give me the key for and the abyss gazes back? I've spoken to the priest, went to the cave and read the sign inside it but still alarbus will not come off the key.
You need to interact with the grate in Askatir mine (behind which Duremas hides) to unlock the dialogue option which will grant you the key from Alarbus. Just reading the sign at the entrance of the cave isn't enough.

brissenden

Translator
VDX_360":eh2x0f7s said:
There's also a key inside Askatir Mine.
BTW, am i the only one having both keys? I used one to open Duremas' hideout, stored the second one in a vault and now i can't get rid of it. Is it a bug or the second key can be used somewhere else?

VDX_360

Staff member
brissenden":2hjswpmg said:
BTW, am i the only one having both keys? .... Is it a bug or the second key can be used somewhere else?
Neither--at this time. There has two be two keys in the game (one in the chest, one with the priest) for the quest to work as designed. If you get both keys, you have a spare that currently has no use in the game. Future updates might include uses for the various misc. items that currently are just inventory clutter.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
brissenden":2paba5zx said:
BTW, am i the only one having both keys? I used one to open Duremas' hideout, stored the second one in a vault and now i can't get rid of it. Is it a bug or the second key can be used somewhere else?
Now that's interesting. Technically, it shouldn't be possible to aquire both keys. Once you get it from Alarbus, it doesn't spawn in the chest anymore. If you get it from the chest, you don't get the dialogue option with Alarbus anymore. So this indeed sounds like a bug.

Do you remember how you got both keys? What did you do and in which order?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":1bm6blyn said:
brissenden":1bm6blyn said:
Now that's interesting. Technically, it shouldn't be possible to aquire both keys. Once you get it from Alarbus, it doesn't spawn in the chest anymore. If you get it from the chest, you don't get the dialogue option with Alarbus anymore. So this indeed sounds like a bug.

Do you remember how you got both keys? What did you do and in which order?

Well, the engine has a few limitations. If you spawn the area, then return to Alarbus and get the key, then run to the chest without a respawn, it will be there. Not impossible.

brissenden

Translator
DavidBVal":3rka4pxt said:
Well, the engine has a few limitations. If you spawn the area, then return to Alarbus and get the key, then run to the chest without a respawn, it will be there. Not impossible.
That's exactly what i did. I was just curious to see what spawns in the chest instead of the key after you get it from Alarbus, and ended up with a no-drop item.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Ahhh, thanks for clarifying. Seems like my characters are more on the lazy side of life, always resting a lot, missing cool things like twin keys. I will urge them on a bit more in my next playthrough. :twisted: