Bug + A little question + Thanks

Tom Bombadil

Hi David,

First with the thanks part,
The game is really good and I appreciate your efforts so much. You guyz do give so much effort, build so much stuff with so little.. The conversation options, the way choices are designed, those small nuances in the game(just a little example: that shape shifting princess and your companions reminding you the unfortunate events), you here reading posts and talking to the players to improve the game, I guess you are my favorite game designer. I would definitely want to be among those ones helping you improving the game. I try to donate as much as I can :)

About the bug
I'm a level 18 cleric and when I was robbing the Golden Cove Bank, after retrieving the black shard, (still not teleporting out), I went out of the room for a sec and came back in immediately after seeing those guards accumulated outside. Then, I checked the crate again to find another black shard... I was so happy to see it but I guess that was definitely a bug. There was no other item in the room btw, the remaining ones disappeared.. It was just another black shard. I went out one more time but went to the other rooms and fought with people and when I was back again, it didn't happen for a second time. Maybe returning immediately in that millisecond made the effect.

About the question,I saved the game and exported the save files before completing the eye of Tol, then I completed it and went on with the game without any black shards left. I know that no more black shards will appear but I'm still wondering whether I should save some other shards before completing the mirror.. As you are planning to make crafting available in the game later on, will those shards be items to combine with other items? I just finished the eye and I can still turn back importing my previous save files and collect a bunch more.. But Should I? I recovered the orb(the orb that Adaon stole from the mage at Kingsbridge) and it's staying at a storage point for that reason since forever, I don't want 10 black shards waiting aimlessly in the storage holding up space if that's not going to make any use for me..

Again, thanks a lot and good luck improving the game.

Regards,
Tom Bombadil

SirDonkalot

From what i understand, collecting more shards then you should will end in a dissapointment, since they will all disappear once you have the mirror done

Tom Bombadil

SirDonkalot":1r7chje2 said:
From what i understand, collecting more shards then you should will end in a dissapointment, since they will all disappear once you have the mirror done

I thought I read somewhere no more shards will appear in the game. So, what about the extra shards we already had? If I collected 15 shards for example.. After completing the mirror with 12, do those 3 just disappear?

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil":zm5ajxnw said:
SirDonkalot":zm5ajxnw said:

I thought I read somewhere no more shards will appear in the game. So, what about the extra shards we already had? If I collected 15 shards for example.. After completing the mirror with 12, do those 3 just disappear?

Ohhh, I double checked it and Im wrong, sorry =D
The existing ones also disappear..

VDX_360

Staff member
Tom Bombadil":2j01hsi5 said:
...what about the extra shards we already had? If I collected 15 shards for example.. After completing the mirror with 12, do those 3 just disappear?
Yes, once the the 12th shard is put into place, all shards disappear, including ones in your inventory, home chests, town vaults etc. No place to stash them that's safe from their removal. I had a play-through that had about 30 shards before completing the quest and tested out various places to store them to see if there was magical spot they'd be safe, but nope.