Light Spoiler-Prodigal Daughter quest

Artemis Leafarrow

Hello

I killed Flame Prophet not realizing the choice at the time, and now I am stuck with no way to weaken Undermother. I am absolutely determined to defeat her and get all the rewards. I probably would have chosen to weaken and kill her anyway, had I known. Now I have to kill the Unweakened version.

I dont believe I have a save file before that fateful choice either.

Bottom line: HOW THE HELL DO YOU DEFEAT THIS UNWEAKENED WHORE!!??!!??

I am lvl 19 Rogue Archer with 10 agi. Max Archery, Evasion, Sprint, and Stab 3 for skills. Advanced are rapid fire, massive, and precision shots all maxed.

Traits

3 str
4 end
10 agi
2 int
4 aware
1 per

Current Dps with compound bow is 36.3, with Wyrmslayer is 44.6. (Compound Bow crits 13% 39-112).

How much spirit resist do I need? She does paralyze me a lot, I have ~50 for myself and Hirge. Would Gris be better to use? She has much more armor, like 30, compared to Hirge 22, but Hirge has heal. However often times Hirge doesnt even get off a heal before she is killed by Undermother. What do I do?

Am I just too low level? I feel I can do it if I try enough. I have about 30 high healing potions. Its not even on hard just normal, this should be doable right?
I cannot proceed until I defeat her I am OCD and I have to complete everything before moving on!!

Artemis Leafarrow

This is ridiculous I cant even get her close, cmon this isnt even hard, its normal, that is not even right at all. This need a nerf so badly.

VDX_360

Staff member
First, take a breath. She's tough in her unweakened form. So tough, the original idea was for her to be impossible to beat, but alas, players found a way and than a few more updates added skills and gear to deal with her stun.

Which leads to the first point: Have a way to deal with her stun attacks. Be it Battle Rage or an stun immunity item.

Second point: Have the best gear, equipment and potions available. Having Scrolls of Circle of Restoration is helpful too. Not fully necessary, but it makes the battle a lot easier. High spirit protection is a near must.

Third point: Companions and summons are your friend. Go full defense builds with your companion so that they take as much damage as possible. If the Spider Queen is hitting them, she's not hitting you. Low level summons won't last long but it can be enough of a distraction to allow a skill to cool down (or Restoration scroll). Summons are best on the defense side as well for the same reasons.

Last point: Put it off. Seriously, she's a tough fight so put it off till you have the top gear, top equipment and enough gold to invest a small fortune on potions and equipment.

That being said, relax, take a breath and go take out frustration on other enemies. Quite rage is real.

Good luck !!!

VDX_360

Staff member
Artemis Leafarrow":1gba6tlt said:
I cannot proceed until I defeat her I am OCD and I have to complete everything before moving on!!

I feel you on that! But think of the choice: you either select the Flame Prophet's help to beat the Undermother NOW, or you choose to face her at a later time with no help. So in that light, it's not that you haven't complete the step, you're just not at the step.

Many updates ago, the Unweakened Undermother wasn't supposed to be beatable but given the lag for new content, players had nothing better to do that grind and figure out ways to do the impossible. Beating her in an unweakened state was a bit of a mile stone.

The undermother's drops are that impressive as arc stuff is better so there's no real pressing need to beat her any time soon (depending on what ending you're going for you may need to kill her or complete her quest favorably but that's beyond this thread).

VDX_360

Staff member
Since you're playing with a Rogue, do you have the Bloodied Scarf?
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... died_Scarf

As for your question about Hirge vs Grissenda, Hirge's healing ability is great for the fight, but only if she isn't stunned so having high spirit resistance or stun immunity items on Hirge will help her stay unstunned long enough to cast healing spells. The Conductive Vest in the arc is a great item for clerics, or the Ring of Holiness.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... ctive_Vest

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... f_Holiness

IF you go with Grissenda, having her maxed defensively so she's pretty much a chew toy, seems to be the best route. The Amulet of Dark Whispers (if you have it) is a decent thing to give Grissenda to help with the stun attacks. Note, as a Rogue, you should be wearing the Bloodied Scarf, freeing up the Amulet for your companion.

The skill Magical Training is useful in the fight as learning it will allow Rogues or Warriors to use Circle of Restoration Scolls, which recover HP for entire party and wake-up KO'ed companions. Expect to use a stack of them in the fight.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... estoration

Artemis Leafarrow

Thanks for the tips guys. Are you 100% sure the bloodied scarf will protect against stun? I could have sworn I wore it a few times and still got stunned. I think it's considered a paralysis not a stun. So bloodied scarf just reduces time in half.

Also, I do use summons, low level only. Hirge is able to last long enuff to get off heals as I have her with about 78 spirit res.

Alas I think you guys may be right. I may have to forgo this for now, until I can have a better chance. I am not even getting her to 50%.

As an aside, I do have a game saved fairly recently to where I am now, it's a bit of a ways back but not bad. It is
doable to start the choice over again and weaken her, but it will set me back a few hours of gameplay though.

What's the best option here?

Ty

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The benefit of killing her is getting her drops and a shard, the armor she provides was once upon a time the best you could wear into the endgame... And maybe still is for some classes, but other armor options are now decent enough make her drops not essential. Killing her unweakened before level 20 is certainly very hard, remember to have potions of clarity before the fight.

Comrey

Translator
I cheesed her by getting her stuck and shooting her with a bow until she ran out of mana and couldn't heal anymore (she has enough for 3 heals). It took me like 15 minutes, but I was a warrior. That's not possible anymore, though, since later patches made her (and anyone else) heal constantly if they're stuck.

In any case, you're a rogue, so that's great, you can kill her. First of all, you can't deal with her paralysis. Stop trying. Bloodied Scarf won't help you, you'll still die in 5 seconds. A warrior could deal with paralysis, but you can't.

Instead, you need to avoid it. First, stock up on speed potions. A shitload of them, like 100+ to be sure. Fucking quick-slot them, too. Second, respec to a full archer build if you're not one already. Third, get the Wyrmslayer or any decent bow with a fast fire rate (NOT Jester's it's trash). Finally, get Hirge. Have Hirge wait right outside the room. That way she won't draw aggro but she'll still be able to heal you in case of an emergency.

Now, with preparations done, start clearing out the room. Kill all the little fuckers in there but do not aggro the Mother. Once the room is clear, pop a speed potion and aggro her. And now comes the long part, you need to keep running laps around the room, outspeeding her with the steroid-potions and shooting her when you have a decent distance (preferably at the corners). Rinse, repeat. If she somehow gets close, pop evasive skill and PRAY she doesn't paralyse you. Then keep kiting and shooting her when you can, slow and steady. The harder your arrows hit and the faster you can fire them, the faster she'll go down. Once she has healed three times, she's a goner.

Congrats on your kill.