Undermother

jacklikeslove

Hi, Cxxix23.

archer rogue is very viable for killing the unweakened undermother.
i recommend you check this link out.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10019

this was when killing her was way harder, but the strategies for archer rogue should still apply.

Comrey

Translator
I managed to kill her unweakened form with my Warrior by just getting a bow and cheesing her out while she was stuck, which David seems to have fixed lmao. When I did that though, she only healed three times max and then seemingly ran out of mana. I suppose she still has the same mana pool if you try getting speed potions and kiting her around the edges of the room peppering her with arrows. Not sure if that works on a non-rogue though.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Cxxix23":5fulct2q said:
It's been quite some time since I last played... upon reading the forums I found most people who fought her had her healing 3 to 4 times... I'm a ranged rogue so I spent forever kiting her keeping her in screen just to have her cast her healing spell not only more than 4 times but a total of 7 times always barely below 50% this is ridiculous. Did she get an upgrade? Anyone know how much mana she has or is it infinite?
I gathered some information regarding the mana pool of monsters and it seems to be simply 4 x Level. So the Undermother should have 4 x 24 = 96 MP. As casting Heal Wounds 3 costs 18 MP, she should only be able to heal herself 5 times. So this leaves me somewhat puzzled. Your observation shouldn't be possible if everything behaves according to the rules.

Anyway, I added the mana information to the individual mob pages (assuming that the above rule is valid for all spellcasting monsters).

Edit: The mana pool doesn't seem to be influenced by game difficulty.