EK Development: Version 1.2 is complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: EK Development: upcoming features for v. 1.2

I'm releasing a hotfix update (1.1.1092) to deal with a bug with the ending of Ark of Lothasan quest.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Brief post to confirm that work on next update keeps progressing. I'd say it's currently about 20% done. More information in a week or so.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Status: the update is around 60% completed now. I am trying to have it ready for testers by next weekend or shortly after, but don't take this as a promise!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

All going well, I hope to release the testing version tomorrow evening (euro-time). The important things are done, but there's a lot of small tasks to do that will still take the better part of a day to complete. If there's a delay it won't be big, worst case would be a release on tuesday.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

1.1.1102 is already rolling out on Android. It should be available on all platforms in the next 24-48h. Details here: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/changelog/

All that is left to reach 1.2 is improving controller support. I expect it to be done before my vacation starts (mid-July), but no promises, as usual. However I'm getting better at estimates as of late, right?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I replaced the rolling-out build with 1.1.1103 to add some bugfixes reported in the last minute. It's going to be a long night, it seems :)

As a small bonus because of this, some additional features that were already coded in for next update have been released as well:

*Companions that have completed their background quest will now receive a one-time boost of 3 Trait Points and 2 Skill Points. This will be applied retroactively if you already completed their quests.

*Skill tomes now work on companions too.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I've been working this weekend on next update, which will already be labeled 1.2. I expect the test version to be out in 3-4 days.

It will include a few enhancements to keyboard and controller. You'll be able to use a controller to navigate through dialogues, and both controller and keyboard will be able to navigate inventory slots, equip, unequip, sell, buy, drop and use items.

However I am finding a lot of limitations on making the game menus usable by controller/keys. The game features over 40 windows/screens, many of them with a huge array of widgets, and they were originally designed for a touchscreen and later adapted for mouse usage... I am afraid the task to refactor all that code to make it controller-aware is much bigger than it seems, and prone to many errors as well. The changes mentioned earlier will be the only enhancements I'll do related to controllers/keyboard.

Next update will also include all the translated files the amazing translation team is working on. The progress has been incredible in the last week, with several languages already including all (or most) of the new content, and some translations like Polish and Turkish finally moving after a few slow months. I love to see the game becoming more accessible to players worldwide, thanks translators!

That's all for now.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Update 1.2.1107 released, completing all the planned features and content for 1.2.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Edited first post to reflect v 1.2 is complete.

For the next month my presence on the forums will be limited, as I am currently on vacation and not at home. After I return I'll post about future development of my next game. Stay tuned!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'm back to work, but sadly there's little exciting news to share.

There's a serious compatibility issue with the next release of iOS 12, currently on Beta. It affects every game made with LibGDX, not just EK; I'm working on a fix so the game runs fine by the time iOS 12 is released to the public in September; until then, if you decidedto install the iOS 12 Beta, be aware the game can freeze and force-exit at any time.

Other than that, there will be a tech update with a few fixes and more translated files added, sometime by the end of the month.

The new game, you ask? Oh, I've been drawing maps, making excel tables with rules and whatnot, and even figured out a few fun subplots. However I can't say I'm fully devoted to it, as my priority is currently solving the iOS issue in time.

I hope you're having a fine summer! See you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.