It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:37 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

As you know, version 1.0 was finally released. But development hasn't stopped, as there are still exciting things to come.

About future projects. I have already mentioned I am starting work on the next game soon; the truth is that almost all my development time is still focused in EK until version 1.1 is out. The next game is way more ambitious and complex than EK, and ideas require time to mature and click in together. For several months, the next game is still in the design phase, not in development, so in practice it won't be delaying EK. I can't reveal any details yet except that it is an RPG and it's set in the Exiled Kingdoms world, but almost everything else about it will be different from EK.

Now, back to "reality" :D. Below I'll list the main features that I want to include in 1.1. Very likely all of this won't be released in a single update, but in several 1.0 updates; I'll put the 1.1 stamp on it when all is complete.

I have no idea how long this will take; these version cycles have taken 6-8 months in the past and this one shouldn't be a long one. As usual, my only compromise is to work hard and to make things as fun and challenging as I'm able to. Here is the list:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mage class: itz happening! The mage will be added, and this means quite a few subtasks: 8 basic skills, at least 6 advanced skills, a guild, quests, and a few dozen items for all levels.

Companion quests and advancement: each companion will get a quest that will reveal their background, and will also be the way to unlock advanced skills for them (a fixed set).

New Areas: at least 5 outdoor sectors will be added. And yes, probably several of them will be in the Arcane Realm of Thuram. The new areas will be almost exclusively targeted at high levels, some of them even harder than the main quest ending.

Sprite improvements: Robes, helms, hoods will be visible equipment in the player character. Also a few new sprites for mage equipment (wands and staffs)

Point-and-Go interface: Mainly for tablet and for the future desktop version. Optionally, you'll be able to remove the touchpad and instead tap/click on the place you want to go, or the enemy you want to attack.

Other usability improvements: A few needed features will be implemented, among them adding more skill slots which certainly will be needed by the Mage.

Desktop release: Exiled Kingdoms will be released for Windows/Mac/Linux. This involves quite a few UI changes in the form of smaller buttons and icons, and it is possible I have to make slight changes to gameplay as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The following features will NOT be included and will need to wait for version 1.2+

- Multiplayer cooperative mode.

- Full addition of all areas in Varannar. Currently EK includes 39 outdoor map sectors, 1.1 will include around 45. That leaves another 15 areas for future updates in the next years.

- Crafting.

Thanks for your attention, and safe adventuring to everyone :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:32 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

A new update was released to testers, it includes many needed fixes and adjustments for update 1.0.

Also, I just added crafting to the list of features to be be added after 1.0.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Still months away, but it's coming.

This will need a lot of testing, so I count on you all when it's ready.